Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop start stop start hang hang hang - stop doing your own stupid stuff and put the user first.

Stop start stop start hang hang hang - stop doing your own stupid stuff and put the user first.

All I want to do is:

1. Put a playlist to play and listen to it. And I expect the current track to show as "green".

2. Be able to remove a track from this playlist and skip to the next one at any point.

I go in and I'm getting stop start stop start in playback. I go and force stop the app. I then start it again and put it in offline mode.

But when I go to remove a track from the playlist it ignores me and the track remains on it. So I go online to remove the track. Move to the next track and decide to remove that too. Get it playing again.

Couple of tracks later: stop, start, stop, start every few seconds whilst you stupid app is busy doing stuff I never asked it to do rather than just play the song which has been offlined.

Try to go to settings to put myself back into offline mode but no, all I get is a black screen because your stupid app once again doesn't respond to what I asked and is too busy doing its own stupid stuff, trying to find me music I don't want or look up what my friends are up to or who is trending whatever.

Yeah my handset is a bit old but a lot newer than the first one I had that used to play spotify perfectly before you decided to force features upon us we never asked for.

By the way, 2 days ago a track stopped halfway through. Was playing blank. I wanted to redownload it but no there is no option to do that. I can undownload the entire playlist but not one song. I can remove the song from the playlist then add it again but then it loses its position and there's no way to move a track on a playlist. 

Yeah, update after update after update and this simple feature has still not appeared.

I JUST WANT SPOTIFY ON MY DEVICE TO LISTEN TO PLAYLISTS. STOP FORCING OTHER STUFF ON ME.

4 Replies

and by the way, since you've decided to add "recent" playlists how about

PUTTING IN RECENTLY CREATED PLAYLISTS EVEN IF I HAVEN'T LISTENED TO THEM YET. 

You know THAT'S WHY I JUST CREATED IT...

Oh and my laptop last Friday STILL DID NOT SEE THE PLAYLIST I HAD CREATED ON THE DESKTOP. 

Yes it should sync immediately BUT WHY IS THERE STILL NO FORCE SYNC OPTION IN THE MENU??? I have asked for it long long ago.

I think you can sync it by plugging the Android into your computer and then hit sync. (maybe only works for iPod) Have you tried reinstalling the app on both devices? That forces it to sync with whatever was last registered as a change in your music.
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Also the current version is quite buggy. I recommend reverting back to a previous version by grabbing the apk (A link to previous versions is in my signature).

Make sure to disable GPlay Auto Updates 😉

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

You are right, the current version is very buggy because it tries to do too much.

The app writers, like so many developers, expect everyone to have the latest hardware and to want all the features. But many users have old devices with restricted memory and only want to use a minimal number of features.

Yesterday my desktop was stop-starting on playback of an offlined playlist in offline mode too. There was nothing else of note running and it should have just played it smoothly.

Suggested posts