Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

New veersion problems

First of all this version starts very slow. Why must i choose 3 times back to close the app . Why start the app in the settings menu ???? Why must we wait 30seconds or more before the music starts to play ??? Getting more on peoples nerves. WHEN WILL...

• Roadie
  • First of all this version starts very slow. Why must i choose 3 times back to close the app . Why start the app in the settings menu ????  Why must we wait 30seconds or more before the mus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No local file support android

Cannot listen to local files on android tablet. I no longer have a desktop computer for your dated workaround. Finding that i need more local files for the increasing amount if music you do not have. Will you be sorting this? Google can do it.

• Gig Goer
  • Cannot listen to local files on android tablet. I no longer have a desktop computer for your dated workaround. Finding that i need more local files for the increasing amount if music you do not have....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Just done the new update on a moto g and it's killed the app. Slow and freezes

The new update has killed the app. Its slow, frozen and unusable. Can I remove the new update, its bad enough I can't back up to my sd card now this.

• The new update has killed the app. Its slow, frozen and unusable. Can I remove the new update, its bad enough I can't back up to my sd card now this.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

no internet again and again

Hi all I'm just about ready to chuck it in and get my cd's back on of the attick I use my galaxy s4 via wifi (which is stable) I connect my bluetooth to my sound system, it plays a few tracks then stops and displays no internet. I tried it on my gala...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all I'm just about ready to chuck it in and get my cd's back on of the attick   I use my galaxy s4 via wifi (which is stable) I connect my bluetooth to my sound system, it plays a few tra...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Newsletter abbestellen

Wenn ich meinen Newsletter abbestellen will funktioniert es nicht. Ich bekomme weiterhin news. I cant unfollow my newsletter. Pls make it manuell! Thx Janis

• Wenn ich meinen Newsletter abbestellen will funktioniert es nicht. Ich bekomme weiterhin news. I cant unfollow my newsletter. Pls make it manuell! Thx Janis
  • medako
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! ASUS Transformer T101 Shutting down

Hello, I have a Premiumm account. A couple of months ago i Installed and play wihout any proiblem on my tablet and PC, Last days when starting spotify on the tablet, and open spotify on My Music, inmediatelly shuts down. I´m not able to do anything. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have a Premiumm account. A couple of months ago i Installed and play wihout any proiblem on my tablet and PC,   Last days when starting spotify on the tablet, and open sp...
  • emaspero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Won't Save Many Artists I'm Following

When I choose 'follow' for an artist, Spotify apparently hasn't been saving that data...when I go to the Artist list under 'My Music', many bands I flagged are no longer being followed. This is especially frustrating when I want to follow new music d...

• Casual Listener
  • When I choose 'follow' for an artist, Spotify apparently hasn't been saving that data...when I go to the Artist list under 'My Music', many bands I flagged are no longer being followed. This is espec...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Older GUI on rooted phone?

I rooted my Galaxy S4 with Cyanogenmod to get the equalizer to work for local files, and the GUI was exactly the same. But then as CM has problems with bluetooth, I installed AOKP and now I have the older GUI where you can't scroll left or right to t...

• Music Fan
  • I rooted my Galaxy S4 with Cyanogenmod to get the equalizer to work for local files, and the GUI was exactly the same. But then as CM has problems with bluetooth, I installed AOKP and now I have the ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No audio

Hey guys, I hope you can help... Until today I have had ZERO issues with Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy SIII, today I find I have no audio during music, it is playing as I can see the counter counting. I skip forward a song thinkng that may help, it do...

•  Hey guys, I hope you can help... Until today I have had ZERO issues with Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy SIII, today I find I have no audio during music, it is playing as I can see the counter cou...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

download refusal

Every time I save a song to my spotify lately it just saves and won't download? So it's not allowing me to use it when I am offline....very confused....any suggestions??

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I save a song to my spotify lately it just saves and won't download? So it's not allowing me to use it when I am offline....very confused....any suggestions??
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Error message: "this track is not available in your region"?

I have spotify premium and I'm using a galaxy s4. I'm also in the UK (london) and when I try to listen to 'love me like you do' by ellie goulding, it gives me the error message that it's not available in my region, although other people can listen to...

• Regular
  • I have spotify premium and I'm using a galaxy s4. I'm also in the UK (london) and when I try to listen to 'love me like you do' by ellie goulding, it gives me the error message that it's not availabl...
  • Maddie1357
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with Spotify player, local files are not white and don't synchronize with Androide Spotify

This files in gray, for example Love Song - 311 i cannot synchronize in my playlist offline for Androide Phone. I can liseting in the player, but don't download in my phone playlist.

Captura.JPG
  • Regular
  • This files in gray, for example Love Song - 311 i cannot synchronize in my playlist offline for Androide Phone.   I can liseting in the player, but don't download in my phone playlist. &nb...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Additional device

I have an extra device that I want to play my spotify on. It is tied to my wife's Facebook account. Because of this, I am unable to log into my spotify. Every time that I try to enter my spotify username and password I get an error for wrong username...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an extra device that I want to play my spotify on. It is tied to my wife's Facebook account. Because of this, I am unable to log into my spotify. Every time that I try to enter my spotify us...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login Errors
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[Spotify Caribisch Nederland]

Beste members,Momenteel woon ik op Bonaire, juridisch gezien een bijzondere gemeente van Nederland, Caribisch Nederland. Nu heb ik het volgende probleem: Ik wil graag in de play store Spotify downloaden zodat ik Spotify op mijn telefoon kan gebruiken...

• Beste members, Momenteel woon ik op Bonaire, juridisch gezien een bijzondere gemeente van Nederland, Caribisch Nederland. Nu heb ik het volgende probleem: Ik wil graag in de play store Spotify dow...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Troubles with downloading music to my offline playlist

Hi! I've searched the forum but found no answer. I'm premium, but since a few days, I: 1. Can't listen to music while offline on my computer 2. My celphone (android) stops downloading in the middle of a playlist. I get a notification that there's not...

• Hi! I've searched the forum but found no answer. I'm premium, but since a few days, I: 1. Can't listen to music while offline on my computer 2. My celphone (android) stops downloading in the mi...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't sync my music from the laptop to my mobile.

Hello all ! I got a laptop, running on Windows 8, and a mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3. When I had my old laptop i was able to download music, put it in spotify with the local files option, then i dragged and dropped those mp3 in a offline session, it ...

• Hello all !   I got a laptop, running on Windows 8, and a mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3.   When I had my old laptop i was able to download music, put it in spotify with the local fil...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

login issue Galaxy s5

Hi! I can't login after uppdating my Galaxy S5 to lolipop. The error i got is wrong username or password. I tried in ios(ipad mini),pc and on a galaxy s tab with the same username and password and it works great there. I tried on two different s5 wit...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I can't login after uppdating my Galaxy S5 to lolipop. The error i got is wrong username or password. I tried in ios(ipad mini),pc and on a galaxy s tab with the same username and ...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (1.8.0)

What's new in this version (1.8.0) New: What are the people you follow listening to right now? Check out Top Tracks In Your Network, in Browse under Top Lists. Fixed: Android Lollipop bugs squished. Fictitious: This app can pilot a medium-sized airli...

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Community Legend
  •   What's new in this version (1.8.0)   New: What are the people you follow listening to right now? Check out Top Tracks In Your Network, in Browse under Top Lists. Fixed: Android ...
  • Tetshi
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

LG G3 - Spotify behavior, especially when headphones are inserted or removed.

I recently upgraded to the LG G3 phone from a Samsung Galaxy G3. Device: LG-D851Android Version: 4.4.2 Spotify performance has been very poor since the last update. 1- If Spotify is open, when I insert headphones and attempt to play a song it occasio...

• I recently upgraded to the LG G3 phone from a Samsung Galaxy G3.   Device: LG-D851 Android Version: 4.4.2   Spotify performance has been very poor since the last update.   ...
  • okcuoglu
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

paid for 3 months of Spotify premium, only got one

On this day last month I paid £9.99 for Spotify premium for 3 months, I only got one. Can someone point out how this happened? Thanks.

• On this day last month I paid £9.99 for Spotify premium for 3 months, I only got one. Can someone point out how this happened? Thanks.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes