Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung tab S - lock screen widget

Solved!

Samsung tab S - lock screen widget

Hi, I've recently bought a Samsung Tab S (sm-t800). I've got spotify premium but for the life of me can't work out why the spotify widget isn't showing on the lock screen. I an get it on the main screen but not on th lock one. Android version - 4.2.2 Any help would be great!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

HI, it appears this is the case for Samsung users. Unfortunately Samsung have replaced the stock lockscreen with their own which doesn't give you the same lockscreen widget.

You can install a thisrd-party lockscreen that supports widgets and then add the Spotify widget. Something Like Go Locker or Widget Locker

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there, welcome to the Spotify Community.

I think there's no lock screen widget but only an unlocked screen widget, but I'm not sure.
Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --
Marked as solution

HI, it appears this is the case for Samsung users. Unfortunately Samsung have replaced the stock lockscreen with their own which doesn't give you the same lockscreen widget.

You can install a thisrd-party lockscreen that supports widgets and then add the Spotify widget. Something Like Go Locker or Widget Locker

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

If you go to settings - my unit - sounds and notifications - while locked you then can choose show everything. Then the spotify controls will show up on the lock screen. Although its a bit crappy because its too easy to hit the clos app button instead of the next song button.

lock screen.png

Suggested posts