Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stops playing every 6-8 minutes

Stops playing every 6-8 minutes

This just started a couple days ago and it's driving me crazy.. I turn on my music with my phone and it just stops playing every 6-8 mins.. It's not someone using my acct somewhere else because when the music stops and I open up my phone it's off the app completely like I was never on it.. Whether I'm using my bluetooth at work or just listening on my phone at home it still does it and it's driving me nuts.. End of a song or right in the middle it just stops.. Please help..
64 Replies

Yes, I am having the same problem and I've had premium for awhile now.

Yeah I've had it fir awhile now too it doesn't make any sense.. How did you fix it?

I haven't gotten it fixed. Was trying to find a way to notify spotify and I found that I was not the only one which makes me feel slightly better cause I thought it was my phone or something else.

I've been having the same issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone and I'm still having this issue. Very frustrating, especially for something I pay for.

I'm also facing this same issue for the last couple of days. Android/samsung galaxy tab s. Listening through Bluetooth. Seems like it isn't a problem with chromecast. Nor on the pc.

This has recently started happening to me within the past couple of weeks and it is getting VERY frustrating. I'm paying for consistent service. If this isnt fixed soon, I'm moving on. I don't have time for this. 

I agree with you on having to pay for something that doesn't work. Spotify suggested restarting the device which helped, but now it stops at 30 minute intervals. They also suggested Uninstalling the app, going to try that.

I have tons of music that I have downloaded to my phone. Having to download all of those songs over and over again is the reason why I left the last music service that I was with and came over to Spotify. Seeing as though this is happening to multiple people and starting around the same time, that indicates to me that the problem is not the people's devices the problem is the app. Spotify needs to fix.

Yes, I agree. I have been trying to tell them about it. I'm hoping if more people mention it, they will. If you have twitter, notify them @SpotifyCares. They got back to me on there the quickest.

Ok. Will do. Thanks.

I uninstalled the app and then redownloaded it and it hasn't happened again.. Yet..

Haha same here, but it did happen after I restarted my phone, but I haven't played it more than 20 minutes after I Uninstalled it. Hoping it works!

Fingers crossed. Let me know. If it works for you, maybe I'll try it tomorrow.

Hi,

Maybe it's a stupid question because I know we are all using an account for Spotify but if I erase the app and download it again am I going to lose my music or not ? is it saved somewhere ? cause I've more than 2Go of music and don't want to find every single song again......

Just to be sure cause I have the same problem as you guys and just want to reinstall without losing everything...

Yes it is saved somewhere cuz all my music was there

Same exact issue happening here. VERY frustrated premium subscriber here. I am dropping the service by EOM if this is not fixed. Support has been non-responsive on this problem. Uninstall and reinstall is a bunch of BS and does not help. It is CLEARLY a recent update that broke the app. It is unusable now for me. 

With the latest update, Spotify app on both my tablet and my phone have this problem. It does not matter how I listen to the music either (with headset, at home via bluetooth hub or in the car connected to the head unit). The app suddenly disappers without any crash reports. Not to mention it became a distraction behind the wheel. Spotify should fix this before somebody gets hurt 😄

You should not lose it. I just reinstalled last night and all of my music came back. But double check the FAQ on here. I believe they answer this question for you with better knowledge.

Hey thx everyone !

I just reinstalled the app and didn't lose anything but the bugs haha 😄

So I'm using right now Spotify for more than 1 hour and it stills works perfectly, i also tried to switch from many apps to others and it didn't stops anytime as well.

Even the bug with the headphones now still no more and stop playing completly and correctly when you unplug them 😛

See ya and I will advise if something change and bugs appear again, of course I hope not.

Suggested posts