Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume too low

HiI've noticed that when I'm listening music on Spotify the power of the volume isn't as good as when I'm using other apps (like for example Youtube). I had to download a volume booster because sometimes I couldn't hear songs when at maximum level.An...

• Hi I've noticed that when I'm listening music on Spotify the power of the volume isn't as good as when I'm using other apps (like for example Youtube). I had to download a volume booster because som...
  • mrSebbo
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

big data usage when some songs are downloaded

Hello,I have problem with big data usage.I made clear new instalation of spotify app on my android phone.I have set streaming quality to low.I have checked data usage during streaming - about 50MB per hour = it is OK I have downloaded some playlists ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have problem with big data usage. I made clear new instalation of spotify app on my android phone. I have set streaming quality to low. I have checked data usage during streaming - about...
  • pavelsimunek
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

decreasing volume/or music stopping on google pixel

I have a new google pixel that I purchased from verizon and it seems when I use my garmin and spotify the volume turns down automatically I have re-installed the spotify app, changed my do not disturb setting and disabled the equalizer in spotify any...

• I have a new google pixel that I purchased from verizon and it seems when I use my garmin and spotify the volume turns down automatically I have re-installed the spotify app, changed my do not distur...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist sorting options

I want to move songs fromm Playlist catagory to Song catagory. I can not find an option to simply move song or folder from one catagory to another

• Casual Listener
  • I want to move songs fromm Playlist catagory to Song catagory. I can not find an option to simply move song or folder from one catagory to another
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Constantly green circle and get stuck

When I'm navigating in the menus and albums constantly the app get stuck with the green circle, after few seconds a message show up, also when this happen I'm unable to change song or pause it. And when I try to close the app the song still playing e...

• When I'm navigating in the menus and albums constantly the app get stuck with the green circle, after few seconds a message show up, also when this happen I'm unable to change song or pause it. And w...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Log in problem - cuba

Hey,I'm in cuba and I really can't log in to my android spotify app. The log in loads ages and nothing happen. I tried different tricks out of the internet. But it nothing helped. Any ideas?Thanks a lot- i miss my music!

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I'm in cuba and I really can't log in to my android spotify app. The log in loads ages and nothing happen. I tried different tricks out of the internet. But it nothing helped. Any ideas? Thank...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android Nougat equaliser missing

I have recently updated to nougat to find that the equaliser seems to be missing will there be an update to replace it?

• Visitor
  • I have recently updated to nougat to find that the equaliser seems to be missing will there be an update to replace it?
  • santinodituri
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect not working Android app

None of my devices are showing up. I've checked they are all connected to the same wifi network, I've updated and restarted everything and still nothing. Help!

• Casual Listener
  • None of my devices are showing up. I've checked they are all connected to the same wifi network, I've updated and restarted everything and still nothing. Help!
  • hinchmo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs keep redownloading

Why is it that my Spotify decides at least 2-3 times a month to seemingly redownload all of my previously saved songs? It's just done it again - I haven't added any new songs since the last time either. I've seen previous questions where it states th...

• Why is it that my Spotify decides at least 2-3 times a month to seemingly redownload all of my previously saved songs? It's just done it again - I haven't added any new songs since the last time eith...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify shows "no internet connection" when I am connected to WIFI, works perfect on 4g LTE

Device LG G3Andriod 5.0.1Spotify 2.6.0.813Provider T-mobileProblem: Spotify shows "No internet connection" when I am connected to my home wifi.Details: Spotify works when connected to 4g LTE. All other apps are working except for music streaming apps...

• Device LG G3 Andriod 5.0.1 Spotify 2.6.0.813 Provider T-mobile Problem: Spotify shows "No internet connection" when I am connected to my home wifi. Details: Spotify works when connected to...
  • skacticinvader
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Annoying Chromecast Popup

I use my phone to play Spotify at work. Somebody in the office has a Chromecast running and often I get plagued by a stupid popup that gives me only two options - either to connect to the Chromecast now or later. Where is the "Dismiss" button. I shou...

• I use my phone to play Spotify at work. Somebody in the office has a Chromecast running and often I get plagued by a stupid popup that gives me only two options - either to connect to the Chromecast ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify cant skip songs with car radio

on my old phone htc one m7,i could play spotify trough Bluetooth and skip songs with the buttons on my car radio.With my new phone(Samsung s7)I can 't use the car buttons anymore.so of i want to skip a song i need to use my phone.

• on my old phone htc one m7,i could play spotify trough Bluetooth and skip songs with the buttons on my car radio.With my new phone(Samsung s7)I can 't use the car buttons anymore.so of i want to skip...
  • JCdotnl
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify don't save music to external sdcard in android 6

After upgrade to android 6 Spotify was unable to access music stored in external sdcard. It download again the files to internal memory.App version: 4.4.0.1008Android version: 6.0.1 (CyanogenMod)Device: Motorola XT1040

• After upgrade to android 6 Spotify was unable to access music stored in external sdcard. It download again the files to internal memory. App version: 4.4.0.1008 Android version: 6.0.1 (CyanogenMod)...
  • markmuehlbauer
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android marshmallow
    offline data
    sdcard
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug after update

After updating, even though I already have the song, the notifications appear as if I did not have it.

• Casual Listener
  • After updating, even though I already have the song, the notifications appear as if I did not have it.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium on desktop but not on phone

hi, i recently upgraded to a premium account. it works perfect on my desktop but when i logon through my phone it doesnt show my account as premium and tells me to upgrade. so was wondering if anyone knows how to reslove this issue?thanks,

• hi, i recently upgraded to a premium account. it works perfect on my desktop but when i logon through my phone it doesnt show my account as premium and tells me to upgrade. so was wondering if anyone...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android BLE unexpectedly and repeatedly reconnects to peripheral

See this article on Stack Overflow:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43160195/android-ble-unexpectedly-and-repeatedly-reconnects-to-peripheral/43688791#43688791I am able to reproduce on Sony Xperia X Compact running 7.1.1, build number 34.3.a.0.217...

• See this article on Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43160195/android-ble-unexpectedly-and-repeatedly-reconnects-to-peripheral/43688791#43688791 I am able to reproduce on Sony ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Suggested Song" Interuption.

The problem currently is that I want to listen to Gregorian Chants, I have recreated the playlist of Only Gregorian Chants four times already. 50 songs in the playlist. Each time I listen to the playlist, one song plays till completion, and then it t...

• Casual Listener
  • The problem currently is that I want to listen to Gregorian Chants, I have recreated the playlist of Only Gregorian Chants four times already. 50 songs in the playlist. Each time I listen to the play...
  • Ustingrav
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify film hulu

Hello, don't know where to post this but I got a message on my Spotify app for a deal called Spotify film, which includes access to Spotify and Hulu (no ads) for 16.99 but I don't see it anywhere to get more info on it. Wondering if anyone had any in...

• Hello, don't know where to post this but I got a message on my Spotify app for a deal called Spotify film, which includes access to Spotify and Hulu (no ads) for 16.99 but I don't see it anywhere to ...
  • klsjks
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs sounds very plain

New to Spotify and pretty much new to online listening overall, testing now one by one... And I am noticing no matter what services I tried all the music sounds very plain, there is no dynamics at all. I have a higher end sound system at home, higher...

• Casual Listener
  • New to Spotify and pretty much new to online listening overall, testing now one by one... And I am noticing no matter what services I tried all the music sounds very plain, there is no dynamics at al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Nexus 6p Spotify disappearing from notification bar

I am a new premium user for Spotify. I am having an issue where the icon disappears from the notification bar and then after some time the app just stop playing music. I can clear data or uninstall and it will go back working for a while but within a...

• I am a new premium user for Spotify. I am having an issue where the icon disappears from the notification bar and then after some time the app just stop playing music. I can clear data or uninstall a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes