Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Retai0ning play list til next year

I use spodify premium when in Mexico for 3 months each year but back home i am off grid, no internet, will my play list be there when i re connect next winter ?

• I use spodify premium when in Mexico for 3 months each year but back home i am off grid, no internet, will my play list be there when i re connect next winter ?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth track info not displaying on Pixel XL or Galaxy s7. Avrcp

Spotify connected to car stereo via Bluetooth does not display artist\track name on the stereo.Problem occurs on my pixel XL and when I had a Samsung galaxy s7.Works fine on my old LG G4.Google play music app also displays the info fine.Tried with Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify connected to car stereo via Bluetooth does not display artist\track name on the stereo. Problem occurs on my pixel XL and when I had a Samsung galaxy s7. Works fine on my old LG G4. Go...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • avrcp
    bluetooth
    Car
    Info
    song
    track
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Skipping Track

When I startup the app and resume the last song I closed the app, it always skips the next song. And the song is available. Don't know why. Can you help solve or will it be fixed in a future update.

• Regular
  • When I startup the app and resume the last song I closed the app, it always skips the next song. And the song is available. Don't know why. Can you help solve or will it be fixed in a future update.
  • fserdil
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Gear S3 Offline Question.

Hello, Sorry if this has been asked before! I'm trying to find out if it is possible to have music stored on my in Gear S3 to play offline without the need to carry around my phone around? I've got spotify working on my S3, but dont really want to ca...

• Hello,    Sorry if this has been asked before! I'm trying to find out if it is possible to have music stored on my in Gear S3 to play offline without the need to carry around my phone aro...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problemas com wifi

Ate quando ficarei com problemas ao tentar ficar online pelo wifi ? Se continuar assim cancelo minha assinatura !

• Ate quando ficarei com problemas ao tentar ficar online pelo wifi ? Se continuar assim cancelo minha assinatura !
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Settings are greyed out

I've tried logging out and back in as well as a clean reinstall. I am a premium user nd just switched over to this new phone.

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried logging out and back in as well as a clean reinstall. I am a premium user nd just switched over to this new phone.
  • jc47
  • Gig Goer
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

SD Card Storage

Okay so I know I can't download the actual app to an SD card but there used to be a button on the setting menu on Spotify that allowed me to transfer all my songs on to the SD card and now the button is gone. What do I? Please Please help

• Casual Listener
  • Okay so I know I can't download the actual app to an SD card but there used to be a button on the setting menu on Spotify that allowed me to transfer all my songs on to the SD card and now the button...
  • Gwendalynn
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Just uograded to premium, and the ads still plays istelf on repeat!!!

I have a samsung galaxy s4 and I'm having a problem where an ad plays on repay and I cannot listen to my music!!! Beyond frustrated right now!!! I need help with this please?!?! Is anybody else having the same issue as I am???

• Casual Listener
  • I have a samsung galaxy s4 and I'm having a problem where an ad plays on repay and I cannot listen to my music!!! Beyond frustrated right now!!! I need help with this please?!?! Is anybody else havin...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why am i getting charged 2 times a month!!!!!!

Im only supposed to gdt charged once a month. You guys keep charging me 2 times a month and your customer support sucks. How do you have a multi million dollar company and have no cistomer service. Atleast an email. Someone please fix this or to tida...

• Im only supposed to gdt charged once a month. You guys keep charging me 2 times a month and your customer support sucks. How do you have a multi million dollar company and have no cistomer service. A...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music downloaded but not available

Hi,I downloaded all my music to my Android device ( Galaxy S4 GT-9515L Value Edition) with Android 5.0.1, 2 days ago I was using Spotify as usual, I close the App and moments later, I opened Spotify and all my music that I have downloaded before it w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I downloaded all my music to my Android device ( Galaxy S4 GT-9515L Value Edition) with Android 5.0.1, 2 days ago I was using Spotify as usual, I close the App and moments later, I opened Spotif...
  • benjaminibm
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Features Disabled

I have Spotify Premium after i recently factory reset my device and went to the settings most of the options were greyed out. I wanted to change the Sound Quality when i noticed this. Any idea what i could do?

• Regular
  • I have Spotify Premium after i recently factory reset my device and went to the settings most of the options were greyed out. I wanted to change the Sound Quality when i noticed this. Any idea what i...
  • EA161
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium account no recognized

I have a premium account working beautifuly on desktop and chromebook, but my Anfroid MOTO Z phone insistis I am a free user. I used to have a second account but it is long deleted. I do not know how to proceed, it asks me to get premium and pay anot...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account working beautifuly on desktop and chromebook, but my Anfroid MOTO Z phone insistis I am a free user. I used to have a second account but it is long deleted. I do not know how...
  • arsantos72
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

A problem for log in , i guss becouse of my vpn

Hello I m using spotify app for android , and using my facebook account to log inHere facebook is filtered by goverment so i usually use a vpn to acsess it (i'm living in iran )This time i first touched the log in with facebook bottom ,and when the a...

• Hello  I m using spotify app for android , and using my facebook account to log in Here facebook is filtered by goverment so i usually use a vpn to acsess it (i'm living in iran ) This time i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify mutes the sound when used with Mirrorlink

Hi! I'm using Spotify in my Peugeot 208 through MirrorLink, with the Rockscout app. I'm having this issue I cannot solve. When I turn Spotify on, almost every time the whole system just gets muted, the radio, everything. Music is running but I just c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I'm using Spotify in my Peugeot 208 through MirrorLink, with the Rockscout app. I'm having this issue I cannot solve. When I turn Spotify on, almost every time the whole system just gets mut...
  • MatheusH18
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Music downloaded a few days later disappear!!!

Hi, the are some Tunes that i Download to my phone and a few days later, those Tunes appear not downloaded ... Anyone knows what is happening ?? I have reinstalled the app but didnt fix the problem . Thanks !!

• Hi, the are some Tunes that i Download to my phone and a few days later, those Tunes appear not downloaded ... Anyone knows what is happening ?? I have reinstalled the app but didnt fix the problem ....
  • MonicaM_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playback is intermittendly stopping or skipping songs in OFFLINE mode

Hi,I'm having this rather big playlist (currently 550+ songs). I marked it as OFFLINE, and apparently all songs in the list are marked as "downloaded" (>> green arrow).Last week the spotify app (running on Android 5.1.1) had a force close (= crash), ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm having this rather big playlist (currently 550+ songs). I marked it as OFFLINE, and apparently all songs in the list are marked as "downloaded" (>> green arrow). Last week the sp...
  • elem089
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android.

Tengo problemas cuando ingreso a la app!En primer lugar, tarda mucho en conectar con mi biblioteca, teniendo un plan Premium y descargandome mi música. Me dice que no hay Internet para conectar!Y cuando logro reproducir mi música, a me cierra el prog...

• Tengo problemas cuando ingreso a la app! En primer lugar, tarda mucho en conectar con mi biblioteca, teniendo un plan Premium y descargandome mi música. Me dice que no hay Internet para conectar! Y...
  • MonicaM_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! local files don't play on android phone

Heey everybody,I have a problem with playing local music from my pc on my android phone.when I download my files for offline use, every files downloads except the local files.Even online, it won't play. It's not a storage problem, because I have plen...

• Heey everybody, I have a problem with playing local music from my pc on my android phone. when I download my files for offline use, every files downloads except the local files. Even online, it wo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes