Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs downloading to my device

HiI've set it to download the songs to my sd card but it still seems to be downloading to my device. How do I stop this?ThanksAlice

• Hi I've set it to download the songs to my sd card but it still seems to be downloading to my device. How do I stop this? Thanks Alice
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Phone shuts down

My android phone (Samsung Galaxy s 7) is shutting down everytime I start spotify, after the newest update. I've rebooted my whole phone, but I still get the same problem.

• My android phone (Samsung Galaxy s 7) is shutting down everytime I start spotify, after the newest update. I've rebooted my whole phone, but I still get the same problem. 
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs without image

Hi.my problem is the next:I use Spotify in offline mode and some songs that are stored in my playlist do not show the image.I deleted the application data and it still does not work, I think it is due to an error in the app.please help me

• Hi. my problem is the next: I use Spotify in offline mode and some songs that are stored in my playlist do not show the image. I deleted the application data and it still does not work, I think it...
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume changes automatically on LG G5

Dear community,I'm using Spotify for years now in the Premium version, but never had this issue before.When I'm playing music on my LG G5 via Spotify, the music is at a normal volume level, but after some seconds it becomes more quiet, as if I would ...

• Dear community, I'm using Spotify for years now in the Premium version, but never had this issue before. When I'm playing music on my LG G5 via Spotify, the music is at a normal volume level, but...
  • Roelo1
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify's Volume is Too Low on Android; all other music apps are fine.

I've been having a problem recently with Spotify's output volume being too low. Here's what I've done so far.Cleared Android's cache partition.Uninstalled/reinstalled the Spotify App.Performed a factory reset of my device.My current Android version i...

• I've been having a problem recently with Spotify's output volume being too low. Here's what I've done so far. Cleared Android's cache partition. Uninstalled/reinstalled the Spotify App. Performe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops without reason

When I'm using Spotify in my Android cell it just stops the music for no reason. I need to press play again, but it stops again. Apparently there is no patternfor this, because some times it runs for ours without stopping, and sometimes stops every m...

• When I'm using Spotify in my Android cell it just stops the music for no reason. I need to press play again, but it stops again. Apparently there is no patternfor this, because some times it runs for...
  • boubek
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android] Songs taking FOREVER to download

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 and I have only 638 songs in my library, but it is taking AGES to download all the songs. By ages I mean over an hour for 10 songs or so. I'm downloading the songs in normal quality. My internet connection at home is jus...

• I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 and I have only 638 songs in my library, but it is taking AGES to download all the songs. By ages I mean over an hour for 10 songs or so. I'm downloading the songs in no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music skipping like a CD

Im bluetoothing music from my Samsung to the car and its skipping like you wouldnt believe! Any ideas how to stop it? I pay for premium and its all the songs ive downloaded.

• Im bluetoothing music from my Samsung to the car and its skipping like you wouldnt believe!    Any ideas how to stop it? I pay for premium and its all the songs ive downloaded. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting upset lol

Created a profile but cant log in unless I click forgot password and create new password (same password) and tried to edit everything that would makes sense but nothing has worked

• Created a profile but cant log in unless I click forgot password and create new password (same password) and tried to edit everything that would makes sense but nothing has worked  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Gear S2 extreme battery drain

I noticed today that Spotify accounted for 94% of battery use on my Gear S2. I had played a couple of tracks on my S8 through a connected soundbar, not using the Gear app at all. Normally I get 2 days of use of my watch on one charge. Today it barely...

• Community Legend
  • I noticed today that Spotify accounted for 94% of battery use on my Gear S2. I had played a couple of tracks on my S8 through a connected soundbar, not using the Gear app at all. Normally I get 2 day...
  • Costdalton
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Gear
    S2
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Your mixtape

I have accidently blocked a musician from “my mixtape“. How can i reset my preferences for my mixtape? Thanks in advance

• I have accidently blocked a musician from “my mixtape“. How can i reset my preferences for my mixtape? Thanks in advance
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! can't turn off the shuffle button.

hey, guys. I've been a Spotify premium user for a few weeks and I still have this problem on my phone only. whenever I want to turn off the shuffle function it advertises to get premium and doesn't allow me to turn the shuffle function off. The final...

• Casual Listener
  • hey, guys.  I've been a Spotify premium user for a few weeks and I still have this problem on my phone only. whenever I want to turn off the shuffle function it advertises to get pr...
  • quezadilaman
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to always stay logged in

I have Spotify Premium which I got for international travel so I can listen to music offline. This worked great on the plane, but then several hours later when I went to listen to music again (after having turned my phone off and on again), Spotify a...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium which I got for international travel so I can listen to music offline. This worked great on the plane, but then several hours later when I went to listen to music again (after ...
  • ㅇㅅㅇ
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify não abre!

O aplicativo simplesmente parou de abrir no meu celular Android. Já desinstalei e reinstalei o aplicativo, já reiniciei o celular, mas nada deu certo. Quanto tento abrir, fica uma tela preta, e nada mais. Foi de uma hora para outra, sem motivos. O me...

• O aplicativo simplesmente parou de abrir no meu celular Android. Já desinstalei e reinstalei o aplicativo, já reiniciei o celular, mas nada deu certo. Quanto tento abrir, fica uma tela preta, e nada ...
  • tteurs
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Why Spotify can't recognize the song I have saved when listening song radio?

I have saved one song to my library, but when I am listening song radio and then it can't recognize that I have saved that, if I click the save button, my library will contain same songs. Is it a bug?

• I have saved one song to my library, but when I am listening song radio and then it can't recognize that I have saved that, if I click the save button, my library will contain same songs. Is it a bug?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App has disapeared

The Spotify app has disapeared drom nu Samsung tv I can t find it in the app store!

• The Spotify app has disapeared drom nu Samsung tv  I can t find it in the app store!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth - Playback cuts out, but pressing volume up or down resumes.

DescriptionWhen out running with the phone using offline files through spotify, the playback will cut out. Pressing volume up or volume down immediately resumes play. In discussing with a Jaybird rep, they pointed towards Spotify as the culprit: Live...

• Music Fan
  • Description When out running with the phone using offline files through spotify, the playback will cut out. Pressing volume up or volume down immediately resumes play. In discussing with a Jaybird r...
  • Shizzawn
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Auto Crossfade

Today I noticed that one of the playlists I subscribed to (Go hard) has the songs crossfade. I did not change any thing in the settings.The fading starts super early (around 14 seconds)This is super annoying, because some songs are interrupted in the...

• Regular
  • Today I noticed that one of the playlists I subscribed to (Go hard) has the songs crossfade. I did not change any thing in the settings. The fading starts super early (around 14 seconds) This is su...
  • jmarkeng
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Delete locally stored files from Spotify

I accidentally imported music stored on my Android phone into spotify and now I can't get rid of it, short of deleting albums 1 by 1 (i've got thousands). How do I get spotify not to import local files? I've deleted the cache and uninstalled the enti...

• I accidentally imported music stored on my Android phone into spotify and now I can't get rid of it, short of deleting albums 1 by 1 (i've got thousands).   How do I get spotify not to import ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Import your Music

Can someone explain me why I cannot import my own songs to the spotify anymore? I had some problems with my account and I had to create another one. When I reinstalled the app and put the new account (a premium one) the "import your music" just disap...

• Can someone explain me why I cannot import my own songs to the spotify anymore? I had some problems with my account and I had to create another one. When I reinstalled the app and put the new account...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes