Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Storage not freeing up after unsyncing downloaded playlists.

Storage not freeing up after unsyncing downloaded playlists.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Motorola Moto Z2 Force

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

Spotify Version

Ok,  so ever since the removal of the button to removal all deleted playlists, I have not been able to free up space. For some reason, I have noticed my playlists randomly un-syncing and not showing downloaded.

With that being said, I was showing only 12.5GB free on my SD card, and now there is only a "Delete Cache" button that does not do anything for actual downlaoded song removal. None of my songs were downloaded, and I actually had to manually plug my phone into my PC and navigate to my "Android" folder that contains all my apps, and go to the Spotify App folder, then manually delete all of the random folders within my "Storage folder" (ex. 2a, b2, c6... etc) randomly labled folders in that storage location. That finally freed up my storage from 12.5GB all the way to 25GB of free space.

Does anyone know whats up with these random unsyncing of my downloaded songs as well as why I can't free up my space within the app anymore?

Thanks,

Luke

1 Reply

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here. Please note that Delete cache doesn't remove your downloaded songs, just clears the cache of streamed songs 😉

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Suggested posts