Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Storage - set to SD but is counted as internal

Storage - set to SD but is counted as internal

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Samsung Galaxy A5 2016

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

See screenshots below.

This issue has been existing for years now. In the  Spotify settings, storage is set to store to SD card, yet Android (Spotify?) keeps counting the entire volume of offline stored music towards the total INTERNAL storage. The phone is constantly saying that the internal memory has (almost) no more space available. When looking at the storage data, you can see that the roughly 8 GB of offline music, are included both in the data usage for the SD card as well as in the data usage for the internal storage.
This is obviously immensily annoying, as Android will never allow me to install any new apps, because the internal memory is supposedly full. I've seen similar bug reports over the past years and am surprised this has still not been fixed, could you please prioritize / fix this?

Screenshot_20190705-131225.png

Screenshot_20190705-131945.png

Screenshot_20190705-132007.pngScreenshot_20190705-130830.png 

3 Replies

I am having the same issue. This has been an ongoing issue that people have been reporting for years. The replies from Spotify have been dismissive and rude. This is an issue with Spotify not your phone despite what they will try to say. SPOTIFY FIX**bleep**. 

I am having the same problem with a Moto E2 running Android 6.0.

Hi there @21centimeters,

Thanks for reaching out! 

In this case it would be useful to try these steps:

1. Enable permission for storage option for Spotify. This can be accessed by going to Settings>Apps>Spotify>Permissions>Storage.

2. Do a clean reinstall as explained here. 

If that doesn't do it, let us know your device, OS and Spotify version.

Keep us posted 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts