Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Storage switching to internal storage after ever restart.

Storage switching to internal storage after ever restart.

Spotify downloaded songs redownload on to internal storage after ever restart. I believe this is due to a delay in mounting the sd card on the device. This issue has been going on for years judging by this forum with out ever having a satisfactory answer or solution by spotify. Seriously fix this issue it is service breaking. I really like spotify but I will have cancel my subscription and go somewhere else as this does not work for me.

Country

Canada

Device

Galaxy s10

46 Replies

I followed the clean reinstall instructions and I am still having the same issue. When I first install Spotify it uses my SD card. Then after I reboot my phone it switches to internal storage. How do I keep it on my SD card after my phone reboots? 

4 years later (probably more), the problem persists and we get nothing from the devs.

I don't know man, the subscription plan keeps increasing, now at 18€/mth and the app is still filled with bugs

Hi! For some reason I find that my phone is running out of storage, and then I am horrified to discover that Spotify has transferred the entire cache from the SD card to the device's memory again. It takes a very long time to return cache from DM to SDM. It's about 20 GB of high quality music, and is hours of downloading. Why does this happen and how can I get rid of it? 

I use Premium plan.

My device is Samsung Galaxy A51: One UI 5.1, Android 13. 

Samsung s20+ and having this issue as well. My best guess is that it's because Spotfiy starts some background task the moment your phone turns on, but doesn't wait for the SD card to be fully mounted. It sees there's no SD card and switches to device storage.

PLEASE FIX THIS! Every time I restart my phone the storage fills up to 100% and I have to wait for a lengthy download and transfer back to SD card.

This issue is wayback 2018. Specially on samsung devices. Sadly spotify is not taken any action to solve this. Years later still a bug. 

So it's 2024 and this is still happening, is there any real solution? Or still the same since 2016!!!???

It's a waste of time and data, I can't use my camera cause the phone storage is full while the sd card is empty, it takes like 5 or 6 hours for me to transfer it back, really annoying! 

I had this issue before on my Samsung A04s smartphone, but it's been out of problems for a year now.

I can reboot like 20 times in a row and Spotify is still on memory card.

I don't know what eliminated it, but I keep apps updated and os version fresh as well.

Suggested posts