Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stream spotify over bluetooth in car

Stream spotify over bluetooth in car

I am having trouble getting spotify to play through my bluetooth in my car. I have a RAZR Hd by Motorola and an Acura TL 06. I am able to play the music through the phone's audio fine, but it is not connecting to the bluetooth. Help!? Is it something with the settings??

7 Replies

You mean you can't pair the phone with your in-car audio or that it pairs but you can't hear the music? Do other music apps play through the TL06 OK?

I can not get it to pair or play through my cars speakers.

Can't help with pairing - maybe seek help from the audio system support site. Once you have the two paired, spotify should work for you.

I've paired my Motorola Droid to a Toyota and a Subaru.  Remember you have to pair the phone and audio separately.   It can be a little tricky.  Just check the car manual for "audo" pairing.

I have the same issue with my HTC One and Subaru. I think it is a bluetooth issue and not a Spotify issue since I have the same issue when using Pandora. I've paired the phone and audio correctly and can play Google Music and the stock music player on the phone through bluetooth in the car, but when I use either Spotify or Pandora the apps show the song is playing but no sound is coming through the car speakers. I took the car to the dealer and even got a replacement phone but no luck. It makes the music experience a pain in the butt and nobody can fix it. I used all the music apps on my HTC Evo running Android 2.2 but with Android 4.1 there is some bluetooth conflict going on.

Occassionally I can get a song or two to come over the speakers if I keep hitting the back button to start the song over but the dash display in the vehicle shows the last song that was played in the stock music player and it loops the song time over and over as in 0:05-0:10, then will go back to 0:05. The only way to listed to Spotify in the car is to use an aux port but then the steering wheel controls are worthless and I'm distracted by trying to fumble with the phone. Too dangerous to use Spotify in the car now 😞

Hi Mate

I have the exact same problem as you with my HTC One XL. I have successully setup bluetooth to the car for calls and the defualt music will play over bluetooth but no spotify. This is really frustrating as, like you said it's really dangerous trying to hold the phone while it's plugged into the AUX cable and most importantly trying to drive the car at the same time

My wife and I have a Subaru Outback and have been having the same issue. I think it's a Droid issue. My wife's iPhone pairs fine and works for playing downloaded content and Spotify; my Droid Bionic doesn't work for streaming Spotify but works along the lines of other Droid users' experiences posted here.

Suggested posts