Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Streams over USB tether but won't download playlist

Streams over USB tether but won't download playlist

I have an in-dash car player that runs Android. For internet I use usb tethering.

When streaming Spotify, it works great, but playlists set to download simply stay 'waiting to download' until I activate wifi data instead.

Please help! Thanks

5 Replies

What in-car unit is it? It's likely the restriction is in the unit itself and you should check the manufacturer's support site.Have you tried setting your mobile up as a wifi hotspot instead?

It's called the Avant-2 from a company called Avin. Good stuff. Only available for certain cars though.

Wifi hotspot tethering does work and will download playlists. But for various reasons I don't want to use wifi, though I may have to for the playlist downloads if it comes to that. Note that streaming works fine using USB tethering.

I doubt it's device specific. I read of another person with a similar issue on a phone. Streaming would work for USB tethering but playlists only downloaded when on wifi or 4g. That person didn't get any resonce though, so I'm unsure of the outcome.

It just seems weird that it has access to internet but won't proceed to download.

I don't suppose it has a "download over 2g/3g switch in settings like android mobiles?

It does, but the setting doesn't affect anything, unfortunately.

Same Problem here with Bluetooth Tethering.

Im Using a Newsmy Nu3001 Cardash stereo. Wifi Hotspot/Bluetooth Tethering works fine in every app but Spotify dont download the playlist.

Of course i checked the spotify setting - Use mobile Networks for downloading.

It sucks cause now i have to use a seperate USB Modem with a Sim Card or i have to activate the wifi hotspot every time i drive.... 😞

Suggested posts