Premium

Country

United States

Device

Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Spotify has still not implemented a swipe to queue feature on android. This is absurd. People have been asking for this for almost 5 years. How much time could it possibly take for your dev team to transfer and edit the code from the IOS version of spotify to add swipe to queue? Swipe to queue is a more efficient and safe method of queuing songs. We all know that we add songs to the queue when we are driving, even if we aren't supposed to. Swipe to queue requires less attention to the phone and makes it all around easier.

Spotify released a video digging Apple for their lack of support with Spotify, talking about how Apple doesn't allow Siri to play Spotify and other issues. Despite these issues with Apple, Spotify does not seem to support Android users at all. 

Overall, I'm disappointed with Spotify's support for Android and hope that changes in the future to stay in line with other devices.

(also I've already read the numerous links to the 'not right now' section, so don't bother linking me to it)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ceji3 @RaulitoST @dashdrop @Gannondank @cagdas4

Good news!

Android users can now swipe to queue songs

You can check out the news here:

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Yes you are totally right... Now one year is over and this feature is still not implemented in the app... i cant understand this and there is already a suggestion, but spotfiy is not working right now at this idea...
very sad

I really don't understand why this isn't implemented... If I ever work at Spotify, I will learn how to program this and do it on my own unpaid time because this seems like such an easy addition. I assume there's a whole merge/pull request process but come on! We just need one developer to do this and go through review.

Hey there @doyled_it,

Thanks for sharing your view on this with the Community!

Our developers are always working on new functionality and design features to make the app more user-friendly.

However, we cannot say exactly when or if certain features like the swipe to queue will be implemented across all platforms.

What we can recommend is to always keep your app up to date and you might see this feature at one point.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have any questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Alex!

Thank you for your absolutely irrelevant comment that in no way, shape or form answered the primary question.

For myself, and I imagine many others, the Spotify application is on automatic updates and will most of the time if not always be in the latest update. Yet this is not an answer to the question.

Why. WHY isn't this feature available on Android, and WHY hasn't it been for the past years just like Apple devices have. In my honest opinion this is completely idiotic, until I get a valid reason the believe otherwise.

I'm not very good at coding, but I suppose that adding this feature wouldn't take THIS long. If anything I'd be up to come by and do it for y'all since it's taking ages.

Thanks!

Hey there @Jealous,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community!

There's a relevant idea for what you're suggesting in the Idea Exchange here. Feel free to add your vote to it - it's the best way to provide your feedback for new features such as this one.

You can also have a look here to see how your feedback reach Spotify if you'd like to.

We hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here in case there's anything else you'd like to ask us.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Really it's insane that they still haven't done this. That request is from 2015. HOW. How do you go 6 years without adding such an extremely simple and useful feature to your application used by millions. I'm not denying they have other issues to worry about too but COME ON. This could not possibly take that much effort. They simply do not care and don't plan on starting.

Yes!! Android needs this feature,
I'm hoping that this feature will become available for Android, since I've seen friend's with an IOS phone use it and it's so fast and convenient. To add songs to queue on Android takes a lot longer and is a more time consuming process which can be inconvenient.

Everyone,

It's quite obvious that it's not a technical issue. I could single-handedly re-write Spotify from scratch for a Nintendo DS in that time.

However, my guess is that Apple has some petty contract with Spotify that makes this feature exclusive to them. This is not the first time Apple has tried to hide the bad quality of their products with shady, niche exclusivity contracts like this.

Don't expect this feature to be a thing any time soon. (Or idk maybe Spotify will change it once the supposed contract expires but people are going to use Spotify regardless so it's not likely)

What you said about driving is true, but I guess spotify would rather force feed us podcasts and lyric-nested ads than implement their most HIGHLY REQUESTED elementary feature that directly improves its baseline functionality and LITERAL SAFETY of its users. They clearly dgaf about us, and for that, the entire PR and mgmt teams deserve immediate termination. But you cannot reach an entity corrupted by typical corporate greed, as evidenced by their above "fvck you user" slap to the face-type "responses".  Abhorrent in the nastiest way

Absolutely! So much annoyance brought up from just a simple function. 7+ years and still nothing. Not okay.

I completely agree please!! This feature would improve my spotify experience sooo much
Marked as solution

Hey @ceji3 @RaulitoST @dashdrop @Gannondank @cagdas4

Good news!

Android users can now swipe to queue songs

You can check out the news here:

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you! Godsend!

Suggested posts