Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

Huawei Mate 10 Pro

Operating System

EMUI 12 (Android 11)

My Question or Issue

I noticed that the swipe to queue feature does not work when playing a enhanced playlist. I don't see why it would be a problem in terms of funcrion. Is this on purpose or a bug?

33 Replies

Hey there @Markurz

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

You should be able to use this feature on enhanced playlists too. 

In this case, we suggest that you try logging out > restarting your phone > logging back in to your account to see if that makes the difference.

If the issue persists, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

On another note, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update. Also, does this happen on a different mobile device?

Lastly, sending us the Spotify version of your phone would come in handy. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Slide to add to Queue stopped working. How can i get it back? I'm on family premium account, Portugal. [Solved!] Seems like I can't swipe do queue if I'm using the new feature that amplifies my playlists with Spotify suggestions activated.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 16.2

App Version

Issue/Bug Report

When using the Enhance feature to add additional songs to the current playlist, the ability to swipe a song to add to the queue no longer functions. This occurs in the 'Liked Songs' playlist specifically. All other playlists behave as expected. Attempted the resolutions proposed by chat support (steps added at bottom of post) as well as the suggestions provided in the Android forums, found here. The ability to swipe a song to add to the queue returns on the 'Liked Songs' playlist when the Enhance feature is disabled again.

Ultimately, this appears to be either a bug or a confusing limitation of the UI that is not immediately evident to the user. Was asked to post information here.

-Onideus

Chat Support Steps

iPhone

• Open Spotify.
  • In the app's settings (you can access them by going to Home and then tapping the gear icon in the top right corner), tap Storage then Delete Cache.
  • Head to your device's Settings, then tap General.
  • Tap iPhone Storage.
  • Select Spotify from the list of apps.
  • Tap Offload the app and confirm. This will delete the app but its documents data will be kept.
  • Then tap Delete App and confirm. This action should delete any leftover documents and data.
  • Once the app is deleted, press and hold the Side/Top button and either volume button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  • After your device turns off, wait a couple of minutes. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until the display turns on.
  • Switch your device back on and install Spotify from the App Store.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far. 

We'd like to look into this further. In this case, could you provide us with the following info if you haven't yet?

• Device model + OS version 
  • Spotify version
  • Troubleshooting steps you've already tried

We'll pass this info on to the right team to be looked into.

We'll be waiting for your replies. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey folks, 

If anyone is still experiencing this issue, make sure to let us know by providing the info previously requested by @Eni. This way we can forward your reports and get the right teams to look into this issue.

In case you're no longer having trouble, it would also be helpful to know.

We'll be on the lookout!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey!

I am definitely still having this issue!

I'm having this issue as well. 

iOS 15, iphone 12 mini, Spotify 8.8.12.472  

I can't add songs to queue via swiping in "liked songs" when "enhanced" is enabled. 

Using the menu to add to queue still works though. 

I recorded a screen capture of the reproduction steps but it's too big to upload here. But toggling the enhanced button off and on reliably makes the swipe gesture start and stop working. 

Hey folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread. 

@abjecttestament. We've passed your info to relevant teams, who'll look into it. Additionally, you mentioned that you've recorded the issue and we'd like you to send us this screen recording. If it's too long - we'd recommend that you upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

@Mr_Good_Sir Could you please provide the details that @Eni requested earlier in the thread. We can then relay the information to our tech team. 

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Is there a way to dm the link? It shows my name in the video

Hi @abjecttestament 

Sure thing, you can DM the video to me or another mod from this conversation. You can post it as an unlisted video on YouTube, that would be the easiest option. Just be advised that we will still handle the troubleshooting here and not in DMs.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Also having this issue on an iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16.3.1, Spotify v8.8.14.607. Quick screen capture in which I'm trying to swipe to queue while enhanced and only can when I disable the enhanced option. Still able to queue using the 3 dots/long press menu.

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies and the video recording.

We've relayed the information about this experience to the relevant team. We can't say when a fix will be implemented, but rest assured, the team is working on that.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator

It seems enhanced was retired in favor of shuffle. Disappointing. 

Galaxy s22U 1ui 5.1

Spotify version 8.8.20.544

Hi I'm dealing with this issue as well. 

iPhone SE, iOS 16.4.1, Premium Family, version 8.8.30.499

Spotify won't allow me to swipe to queue. When I try to swipe, the song does not move. Please look into this!

I’m also experiencing an issue with swipe to queue. 

iPhone 11 Pro

iOS 16.4.1

Premium Family

Version 8.8.30.499

Some songs I cannot swipe at all. Some songs I can swipe, but when they get added to the queue it’s a completely different song! Swipe to queue seems to be working from Liked Songs and Search, but not when swiping from playlists. 

I’ve update my phone, restarted, cleared Spotify cache, logged out of Spotify, and deleted and reinstalled the app and none of this fixed the problem. 

Same issue as the person above has. 

I'm rocking an iPhone X wit the same issue. Everything except the playlists I've created slide-queue just fine. But my own playlists seem to want to add some large number of songs above what I originally selected. 

I can add it with the three dots thankfully. 

Same problem after updating my 7th generation IPad to the latest iOS 16.4.1 (20E252)

Suggested posts