Sync Failure, Greyed out songs and Track Not Available

Highlighted

Re: Sync Failure, Greyed out songs and Track Not Available

Gig Goer

jwylot have you try to open my playlist on an Android phone ? iPhone and on the PC software ? to see if it's different ? I'm in Switzerland.

I don't ask me more question because on my iPhone the playlists are ok (no files synch and 80% NOT greyed) BUT the same playlist are WRONG on the web version of Spotify and on my Android where the most (maybe 95%) are greyed...

Tech @ Spotify have really to solve this mad situation

Highlighted

Community Legend

I used the desktop client which showed most of the tracks greyed out. As I said, there were valid reasons for the ones I looked at being greyed out so it seems likely similar reasons may apply to the others. Here I get about 40% greyed out. Have you tried searching for some of the greyed out tracks in spotify?

Highlighted

Gig Goer

I don't try to have all my files not grayed, I want to have the same 40% greyed on the desktop, Android, iPhone and web version of the player...

Joe, try the same playlist on an Android or on the online version of Spotify and come back here after to explain what you have see please 🙂

Highlighted

Community Legend

OK so I get the same total playable tracks with nothing greyed out since I don't have any of those files locally. 

Highlighted

Gig Goer

You mean you have for my playlist of 151 titles Darkwave :

Android : 60% of playable and 40% of greyed

Webplayer : 60% of playable and 40% of greyed

iPhone: 60% of playable and 40% of greyed

Desktop: 60% of playable and 40% of greyed

Personally I have :

Android : 0% of playable and 100% of greyed

Webplayer : 0% of playable and 100% of greyed

iPhone: 60% of playable and 40% of greyed

Desktop: 60% of playable and 40% of greyed

I made a test, On the Desktop Spotify, I created a "test" playlist and made copy paste of my songs from the Darkwave playlist in the test one. Now on my Android some are now available but not all like Untoten - Day of the dead for exemple.

It's really messy all this bugs...

Highlighted

Community Legend

Ah this is something I've seen before. Try this......

In your desktop client, open the playlist then select all the tracks, right click then unlink. Let me know if this solves the problem for you.

Highlighted

Regular

Hey jwylot,

I don't think I have added any music manually to Spotify. I mean, when we have the whole library (supposedly), why add our own? 😄

Here's the link to the song:

Deftones – Engine Number 9 and it does have a note sign.

This is the desktop list: http://imageshack.us/a/img707/215/spotifydesktop.png

And this is what appears on my tablet: http://imageshack.us/a/img827/2280/screenshot2013053117204.png

Highlighted

Gig Goer

jwylot a écrit :

Ah this is something I've seen before. Try this......

In your desktop client, open the playlist then select all the tracks, right click then unlink. Let me know if this solves the problem for you.

Solve nothing 😞 I've 100% greyed files on my Android

Highlighted

Community Legend

Hi. It shows up as a local file which won't play until I synch it for me - I'm guessing there's a problem with the metadata somewhere. If you right click on the track in your desktop client and unlink it, does it show up on your tablet?

@shahz wrote:

Hey jwylot,

I don't think I have added any music manually to Spotify. I mean, when we have the whole library (supposedly), why add our own? 😄

Here's the link to the song:

Deftones – Engine Number 9 and it does have a note sign.

This is the desktop list: http://imageshack.us/a/img707/215/spotifydesktop.png

And this is what appears on my tablet: http://imageshack.us/a/img827/2280/screenshot2013053117204.png

Highlighted

Community Legend

@Heretic.....you said that you moved the tracks into an empty playlist and it worked for some songs. Then you mentioned that the Untoten tracks were all greyed out. Let's try something to narrow things down.

1. Open your local files in the spotify desktop client and delete all local files.
  2. Go to the settings for the desktop client and uncheck all local file checkboxes.
  3. Restart the desktop client.
  4. If this doesn't show the expected tracks in your playlist, copy thos tracks into a new empty playlist.
  5. Let me know what happens on your android after this.
SUGGESTED POSTS