Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Followers on desktop mistmatch with Android friends

First off, theres a mismatch with the name alone. On desktop version theyre called followers, on android theyre called friends. Secondly, my friends list on android is completely off compared to my followers list on desktop. Ive added and removed ple...

• Casual Listener
  • First off, theres a mismatch with the name alone. On desktop version theyre called followers, on android theyre called friends.   Secondly, my friends list on android is completely off compa...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant Sync My Local Files on Android

When I go to sync playlists to my Galaxy S3 on my computer, the little checkbox unchecks a half second after i click it, and my phone says "must be a premium subscriber to download music." This happens to local files in playlists too.

• Casual Listener
  • When I  go to sync playlists to my Galaxy S3 on my computer, the little checkbox unchecks a half second after i click it, and my phone says "must be a premium subscriber to download music." This...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

local files will not sync to spotify mobile

Spotify local files are not available on my android mobile

• Spotify local files are not available on my android mobile
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify stopped working since the new update :(?

So, a couple of days ago there was a new update for spotify on my phone (samsung galaxy y pro), when i updated spotify it stopped working like i could no longer click the spotify button since my phone screen would just turn black for no reason ive ha...

• Regular
  • So, a couple of days ago there was a new update for spotify on my phone (samsung galaxy y pro), when i updated spotify it stopped working like i could no longer click the spotify button since my phon...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Android White Screen

Hi Marco here,can anyone help me out what happen to the android app on my galaxy downloads fine then it just goes white, [EDIT- Moved to Android section and changed subject]

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Marco here,can anyone help me out what happen to the android app on my galaxy downloads fine then it just goes white,   [EDIT- Moved to Android section and changed subject]
  • jonarvid
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.6.0.17

What's new in this version: New: Now you can filter and sort your playlists and tracks. Fixed: When returning to your playlist view, you’ll always go back to the same position. Fixed: No more crashing when faced with special character$ in usernames. ...

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version:   New: Now you can filter and sort your playlists and tracks. Fixed: When returning to your playlist view, you’ll always go back to the same position.  F...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 32 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 3 likes

Certain songs do not show up on mobile

Hey guys, I've tried looking for a solution online but I can't seem to find any. I'll try to explain my situation as best as I can so hopefully one of you can help me out. Okay, so I am premium member and I have a playlist enabled for offline. There'...

• Hey guys, I've tried looking for a solution online but I can't seem to find any. I'll try to explain my situation as best as I can so hopefully one of you can help me out. Okay, so I am premium membe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist sync bug ?

Don't know how to explain this but my playlists does not sync anymore, just for fun i tested to add 2000 songs with the desktop client i can see them in the desktop client but my android app still shows the old playlists.New playlist can be found but...

• Casual Listener
  • Don't know how to explain this but my playlists does not sync anymore, just for fun i tested to add 2000 songs with the desktop client i can see them in the desktop client but my android app still sh...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists won't download

Not sure why! I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with 8 GB of available space, I also have 7 GB of space on my external Micro SD card and playlists won't download! It seems to be stuck on 'Downloading 0%' while I'm connected to wifi and using 4G. Any hel...

• Gig Goer
  • Not sure why! I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with 8 GB of available space, I also have 7 GB of space on my external Micro SD card and playlists won't download!   It seems to be stuck on 'Downl...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Are downloaded playlists stored as Apps or Audio in Storage?

I am getting the new S4 (probably) and am worried about the internal storage capacity so I have a quick question: When you download a playlist and check storage which catagory are the downloaded files stored? I had like 350 songs downloaded, checked ...

• Music Fan
  • I am getting the new S4 (probably) and am worried about the internal storage capacity so I have a quick question: When you download a playlist and check storage which catagory are the downloaded file...
  • treap
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Rubbish Application

I am premium customer, i-e you charge 9.99 per month for me to use your service. I would think you would be under some sort of SLA for this service? I primarily subscribed to Premium because I want to use it when I am out and about. Your application ...

• I am premium customer, i-e you charge 9.99 per month for me to use your service. I would think you would be under some sort of SLA for this service? I primarily subscribed to Premium because I want...
  • scoobyclub
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Search failed

I can't search music neither on my iPhone nor my computer.When i try to search on my iPhone it simply says: This search failed, please try again later.What to do?

• Casual Listener
  • I can't search music neither on my iPhone nor my computer. When i try to search on my iPhone it simply says: This search failed, please try again later. What to do?
  • Hallis
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Possible solution to Desktop not syncing Local Files to Android Device

Peter suggested to change the SSID on your router and to turn off 802.11n mode (so it's only B and/or G). I just did this after trying everything else I could think of (and what other people suggested) and it worked flawlessly! MacBook Pro running 10...

• Casual Listener
  • Peter suggested to change the SSID on your router and to turn off 802.11n mode (so it's only B and/or G).  I just did this after trying everything else I could think of (and what other peop...
  • jmaneto
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't search for music

On my Samsung Galaxy SII (any possible software up to date) I can't no longer use the search function. I tried the following three search terms: Halestorm The Rockford Heroes Iron Maiden And Spotify just says: "No search results. Please try another s...

• Casual Listener
  • On my Samsung Galaxy SII (any possible software up to date) I can't no longer use the search function. I tried the following three search terms:   Halestorm The Rockford Heroes Iron Maid...
  • kriko
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't use downloaded playlist in offline mode, no songs displayed on the playlist

Hi, I have LG Optimus L9 with android 4.1.2 I have downloaded a playlist (slightly over 500 tracks) and when I am in offline mode and open the playlist there are no songs there. I have to go to online mode and open the playlist again for tracks to re...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I have LG Optimus L9 with android 4.1.2   I have downloaded a playlist (slightly over 500 tracks) and when I am in offline mode and open the playlist there are no songs there....
  • CyclopsPL
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Phone keeps re downloading the last 23% of playlist

I am A premium user with a Galaxy S3 and a Nexus 10. My Nexus has no issues, plenty of storage space available and never has to download songs over again. My phone has plenty of external space and a fair bit on the phone itself, but every time I go o...

• Casual Listener
  • I am A premium user with a Galaxy S3 and a Nexus 10. My Nexus has no issues, plenty of storage space available and never has to download songs over again. My phone has plenty of external space and a ...
  • thebagemenace
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Impossible de synchroniser les playlists. Nouvelle tentative e cours...

Bonjour ! Sur mon PC, j'ai des playlist avec environ 1200 musiques. Mais lorsque je les synchronises sur mon Galaxy S4, toutes les musiques ne sont pas synchronié (online ou offline). Sur mon PC, voici le nombre de musiques que j'ai dans mes playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour !   Sur mon PC, j'ai des playlist avec environ 1200 musiques.   Mais lorsque je les synchronises sur mon Galaxy S4, toutes les musiques ne sont pas synchronié (online ou off...
  • Dylaan128
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Nexus 4 Bugs V 0.5.13.63

-Spotify randomly logs me out. -When logging in or out my playlists are all deleted -When playlists are supposedly downloaded "The download bar reaches 100% and dissapperars" only a couple songs are. -The login button changes from "login" to "logging...

• Casual Listener
  • -Spotify randomly logs me out. -When logging in or out my playlists are all deleted -When playlists are supposedly downloaded "The download bar reaches 100% and dissapperars" only a couple songs ...
  • treap
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Not downloading all songs in a playlist

I am new to Spotify so this may be something very obvious, on my HTC One app I have told it to download a playlist and it only seems to download half the songs, the other half 'aren't available', does it only download songs that spotify has in it's l...

• Casual Listener
  • I am new to Spotify so this may be something very obvious, on my HTC One app I have told it to download a playlist and it only seems to download half the songs, the other half 'aren't available'...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App forgets what it was doing

I'm running the Spotify Android App on an HTC One X with Jellybean (4.1.1). When I go back to it after a brief period of inactivity (e.g. pause the music, go into the grocery store, do my shopping, go back to my car and open Spotify again), I find th...

• Visitor
  • I'm running the Spotify Android App on an HTC One X with Jellybean (4.1.1). When I go back to it after a brief period of inactivity (e.g. pause the music, go into the grocery store, do my shopping, g...
  • Scott00
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes