Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sync error between PC, Android and iOS

Solved!

Sync error between PC, Android and iOS

Hello,

I'm using Spotify on my PC and everything works perfectly. However, when I'm using Spotify on my phone with Android or my iPad there is a problem: my playlists, starred songs don't exist. I have to search for them manually...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Very strange, can you try a clean reinstallation of the applications one at a time (starting with the mobile ones) and see if that fixes it? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

OK so the problem is probably that you have over 330 tracks in your starred list. Create a new empty playlist in your desktop client and move the tracks from the starred list into it, in batches of around 100 songs. The new list should appear on your synched devices correctly.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey 🙂 

Do none of your playlists appear on your mobile devices? If you create a new playlist on the desktop and add one track, does it appear on your devices? 

If not, it sounds like you might be signed into different accounts somehow. Are you logging in using the same details? 

Peter

Peter

They appear but only with 3 songs instead of 400 - that's it.

When I create a new playlist - nothing appears on my phone... But all I care about it's my playlist with starred songs.

I'm using the same account.

Marked as solution

Very strange, can you try a clean reinstallation of the applications one at a time (starting with the mobile ones) and see if that fixes it? 

Peter

Peter

I've done everything and... nothing.

How about trying things the reverse way. If you create a playlist on your Android or iPad, does that playlist appear on your PC? And it's definitely just one account across all devices?

and Peter said " If you create a new playlist on the desktop and add one track, does it appear on your devices? ". Could you try that please.

Now, the situation looks a little bit different.

I've created a new playlist - and it appears on my iPad.

But when I'm using the best option in my opinion - "Starred Songs" - it doesn't appear... i still have 3 songs instead of 394.

Marked as solution

OK so the problem is probably that you have over 330 tracks in your starred list. Create a new empty playlist in your desktop client and move the tracks from the starred list into it, in batches of around 100 songs. The new list should appear on your synched devices correctly.

Yeah, playlists are working correctly, but starred songs are much comfortable to use for me...

I understand that and the latest desktop client release ( 0.9.1.40) which is being rolled out fixes this annoying bug, apparently 🙂

Yeah, everything seems to be work right now.

I have a very similar problem....

I've just signed up for the premium service and I'm trying to sync my ipad with my PC.  

I've tried using a direct connection via USB port (as the wi-fi didn't seem to work). My ipad wants to sync with itunes and isn't showing up under Spotify's devices.  Do I need to disable something or alter settings on my PC and/or ipad to make the ipad sync with Spotify instead of going straight to itunes? Please, any suggestions welcome (also, I'm not techie, so please keep it simple!)

I haven't tried syncing my phone yet, wish me luck....

You need to follow the steps in this FAQ. Spotify will not synch to the ipad or iphone with a USB connection.

Thanks Joe, Already tried - finding the right information is like looking for a needle in a haystack!

I've followed advice and tried a clean reinstall and now can't get Spotify to work at all on my PC - *sigh*, (I have error code 101-126, which helpfully suggests a clean reinstall - again!) I don't know how to check if my antivirus software is stopping it....

Yipee! After three hours, I've finally got it working 🙂

Awesome. Was some security app blocking communication?

Not entirely sure.... but I'm happy that I've finally got Spotify to work across all my devices and my playlists are now accessible.

Thanks for the moral support!

Suggested posts