Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

278mb data in the background?? REALLY??

Ok, just had a warning from Orange that I had exceeded my 1gb data limit for the month. How is this possible I thought? I've not used the net a massive amount surely?... only to check and discover that Spotify has used 278mb of background data in the...

• Music Fan
  • Ok, just had a warning from Orange that I had exceeded my 1gb data limit for the month. How is this possible I thought? I've not used the net a massive amount surely?... only to check and discover th...
  • Paris1933
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I delete a playlist from Android Device?

I wanted to sync some playlists to my phone, but it told me that I've got no memory left. I checked the weight of Spotify, it was almost 2GB, no playlists synced [I've cancelled/"deleted" them all, but aparently they were still in the memory, althoug...

• Regular
  • I wanted to sync some playlists to my phone, but it told me that I've got no memory left. I checked the weight of Spotify, it was almost 2GB, no playlists synced [I've cancelled/"deleted" them all, b...
  • osaka
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! offline music on external SD card on android 4.1

i've changend my phone from android 4.0 to 4.1 ...now i can't store the offline music on external sd card - why? will this problem be solved with the next update? for example the deezer app uses the external sd card. maybe i will go to deezer with my...

• Casual Listener
  • i've changend my phone from android 4.0 to 4.1 ...now i can't store the offline music on external sd card - why? will this problem be solved with the next update? for example the deezer app uses the ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading Playlist Errors

I keep having to re-download my playlists multiple times...why? After the download is finished, I open the list it restarts the download again. Thoughts or suggestions? Any help is appreciated. I have the Samsung Galaxy S2 ith Jellybean from Sprint.

• Casual Listener
  • I keep having to re-download my playlists multiple times...why?  After the download is finished, I open the list it restarts the download again. Thoughts or suggestions?  Any help is apprec...
  • smelico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlist - some songs won't sync

Anyone else having this problem? I have a list on around 406 songs on my phone, I added a few 5 more tracks on this list last night, but my phone says that I havent added any new songs to the playlist. This isn't only a problem with my phone tho, it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone else having this problem? I have a list on around 406 songs on my phone, I added a few 5 more tracks on this list last night, but my phone says that I havent added any new songs to the playlis...
  • Vin-hair
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

One song stops playback

Hi there! I've been using Spotify happily on my Galaxy S2 now for over a year. I decided it was time to put together a classical playlist, but Spotify on my phone seems to have a disliking of Vivaldi's Four Seasons. Every time I attempt to play Anton...

• Regular
  • Hi there!   I've been using Spotify happily on my Galaxy S2 now for over a year. I decided it was time to put together a classical playlist, but Spotify on my phone seems to have a disliking o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist on Computer will not sync/show up on phone. but starred songs will sync instantly

Description When I add a new playlist on my computer spotify, the playlist does not add on my mobile spotify. I can add playlists on my mobile spotify but they will also not sync to my computer. If I "star" a song on my computer, that song will insta...

• Casual Listener
  • Description When I add a new playlist on my computer spotify, the playlist does not add on my mobile spotify. I can add playlists on my mobile spotify but they will also not sync to my computer. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't access spotifuggle from my android

Apparently I'm running out of storage space because the disc is almost full so I can't access spotify on my phone. The message says I need to deselect playlists to create space. How do I do this?! Please help!

• Casual Listener
  • Apparently I'm running out of storage space because the disc is almost full so I can't access spotify on my phone. The message says I need to deselect playlists to create space. How do I do this...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify control with earphones samsung galaxy s4

hello to everybody, i use spotify with my new samsung galaxy s4 the control in my earphones (original that comes with s4) doesn't respond correctly to commands,for example only the volume up and down works, if in my devices storage give none song onl...

• hello to everybody, i use spotify with my new samsung galaxy s4   the control in my earphones (original that comes with s4) doesn't respond correctly to commands, for example only the v...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing and scrobbling

Is it somehow possible to hide what I'm listening via mobile in spotify but to still be able to scrobble to last.fm? Or should I head to the new ideas section?

• Roadie
  • Is it somehow possible to hide what I'm listening via mobile in spotify but to still be able to scrobble to last.fm? Or should I head to the new ideas section?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all tracks in playlist syncing to device

I'm having an issue where the songs in my playlist won't sync to my GS3. It's only downloading about 45% of the playlist and saying it's complete but it's not.

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having an issue where the songs in my playlist won't sync to my GS3. It's only downloading about 45% of the playlist and saying it's complete but it's not.
  • katiebug324
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android app not loading playlist with over 400 songs

I am trying out Spotify and comparing it to my Rhapsody subscription. One of the playlists I am recreating has over 400 songs, but it does not load on my Android app (Playlists page). If I create new playlists, they appear just fine (both before the ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying out Spotify and comparing it to my Rhapsody subscription.  One of the playlists I am recreating  has over 400 songs, but it does not load on my Android app (Playlists page).&nbs...
  • stuart_w
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

" not logged in on fb"

Every single time I try to subscribe to premium, it cuts me short just after "Confirm purchase" screen. It takes me back to facebook and says I'm not logged in; even though I am because I can even see my new notifications. I've tried subscribing thro...

• Every single time I try to subscribe to premium, it cuts me short just after "Confirm purchase" screen. It takes me back to facebook and says I'm not logged in; even though I am because I can even se...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium payment
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks sync very slowly

Sync of tracks between my desktop and Andoid tablet is extremely slow on wifi is there any way to find out why? I have a Nexus 7 tablet, a Windows 7 desktop PC and wifi.

• Regular
  • Sync of tracks between my desktop and Andoid tablet is extremely slow on wifi is there any way to find out why?   I have a Nexus 7 tablet, a Windows 7 desktop PC and wifi.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Samsung Galaxy S 3 does not show up in desktop client for syncing

Hello, I recently moved from a Verizon Galaxy Nexus to a Verizon Galaxy S3, and I cannot sync my spotify tracks with my desktop client. I have the desktop app open (windows 7 SP1 x64) and I have the client opened on the phone. Both are connected to t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I recently moved from a Verizon Galaxy Nexus to a Verizon Galaxy S3, and I cannot sync my spotify tracks with my desktop client.  I have the desktop app open (windows 7 SP1 x64...
  • hnomad
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

When will Android have volume leveling feature?

When will Android have an option to level the volume between tracks recorded at different levels? This feature is available on the Windows application. Take a listen to the album "Jack Takes the Floor" by Jack Elliott, one of the lowest volume record...

• Music Fan
  • When will Android have an option to level the volume between tracks recorded at different levels?  This feature is available on the Windows application.   Take a listen to the album "Ja...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

can't download anymore songs, have 300

I read this on a Solutions page- "You can have up to 3,333 tracks from the Spotify streaming catalogue synced for offline use, on each of up to 3 computers/devices at any time." But on my Android tablet it says it can't download anymore, there's abou...

• Regular
  • I read this on a Solutions page- "You can have up to 3,333 tracks from the Spotify streaming catalogue synced for offline use, on each of up to 3 computers/devices at any time." But on my Androi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound

There is no sound. My device is fine, tested other music. Last played music on Saturday, all was good, now nothing. The song is playing but no sound. I have OFFLINE on too.

• There is no sound. My device is fine, tested other music. Last played music on Saturday, all was good, now nothing. The song is playing but no sound. I have OFFLINE on too.  
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly plays music and not in the task list when it does.

Currently sitting in a class having a lecture on social psychology and suddenly my phone starts playing Teddybears Sthlm - Cobrastyle by itself. It is a song I've listen to before and have on a playlist, but it wasn't on the last playlist I've listen...

• Casual Listener
  • Currently sitting in a class having a lecture on social psychology and suddenly my phone starts playing Teddybears Sthlm - Cobrastyle by itself. It is a song I've listen to before and have on a playl...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

memory full, but it's not full

Hi there, My phone is saying that it can't sync anymore music because the memory is full. It is true that it has filled up my memory card, but my actual phone still has 10gb of data, so why isn't spotify downloading into that memory and how do I make...

• Hi there,   My phone is saying that it can't sync anymore music because the memory is full. It is true that it has filled up my memory card, but my actual phone still has 10gb of data, so wh...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes