Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify premium notnactivated

I signed up for spotify premium and my credit card was billed but my premium will not activate its been 7 hours

• I signed up for spotify premium and my credit card was billed but my premium will not activate its been 7 hours
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

playback stops - bug

When playing certain songs (eg. "The Pusher" by Blind Mellon) playback stops after ~30 seconds. This happens with the streaming and downloaded versions of the same track, and sometimes displays the error "this track is not available". It only happens...

• When playing certain songs (eg. "The Pusher" by Blind Mellon) playback stops after ~30 seconds. This happens with the streaming and downloaded versions of the same track, and sometimes displays the e...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded playlists on my Android have disappeared - Galaxy S2

I have just noticed after the recent update that my offline / downloaded playlists are no longer showing within my mobile spotify app. These were previously saved to my SD card and the SD card is still full with all of the song data however Spotify c...

• Casual Listener
  • I have just noticed after the recent update that my offline / downloaded playlists are no longer showing within my mobile spotify app.    These were previously saved to my SD card and the...
  • erictonito
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Copy Cached Music From PC to Android

Hi, I have a fair few songs downloaded offline on my Mac, but I'd like to transfer those songs to my Android phone without re-downloading them, as I've almost used my data allowance. Unfortunately, connecting my phone to Wifi isn't doable because, we...

• Hi, I have a fair few songs downloaded offline on my Mac, but I'd like to transfer those songs to my Android phone without re-downloading them, as I've almost used my data allowance. Unfortunately, c...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apps on Devices?

I am not new to Spotify but I have never put in much effort to how it works, just used it at a surface level. I have just got the trial premium and will purchase it once the 30 days is complete. But on my andriod tablet I cannot view apps I have on m...

• I am not new to Spotify but I have never put in much effort to how it works, just used it at a surface level.   I have just got the trial premium and will purchase it once the 30 days is compl...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How is the bandwidth used while frequently skipping songs on a radio streaming?

I have done some search here but I did not found an answer to this. When I’m listening to streaming on a radio station and I don’t know the song that’s proposed, as anyone, I might listen to it a little bit for a few seconds until I decide what to do...

• Regular
  • I have done some search here but I did not found an answer to this.   When I’m listening to streaming on a radio station and I don’t know the song that’s proposed, as anyone, I might listen to...
  • tr32ck
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Client won't let me stream my music!

Just recently purchased Premium (after a horrid incident with my Facebook being deactivated and being charged twice before being refunded (staff made it easy, the client didn't. :C)) and I've discovered that my Android client won't allow me to stream...

• Casual Listener
  • Just recently purchased Premium (after a horrid incident with my Facebook being deactivated and being charged twice before being refunded (staff made it easy, the client didn't. :C)) and I've discove...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

dowloaded files

on the future do we intend to improve the limit of 3333 file dowload on the device ?P.S.once download an album ,for example W.A.Mozart ,idfi downolad other album ,i have problem with cover :paly a titele and see an other cover ...non didived by album...

• Casual Listener
  • on the future do we intend to improve the limit of 3333 file dowload on the device ? P.S.once download an album ,for example W.A.Mozart ,idfi downolad other album ,i have problem with cover :paly a ...
  • gio_b
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No playing continuously

Any body figure out how to fix the "not continuosly" playing problem? its been working fine for over a year and a half.... and now for some reason it no longer works. Yes, I tried a clean install.

• Visitor
  • Any body figure out how to fix the "not continuosly" playing problem? its been working fine for over a year and a half.... and now for some reason it no longer works. Yes, I tried a clean install.&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Premium account not allowing me to play the downloaded tracks offline

For some reason today my both Android devices (Samsung Galaxy & Nexus 7) didn't allow me to play the downloaded tracks offline even though I'm up to date with my payments for the Premium subscription. Is it a bug or is a business decission to not all...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason today my both Android devices (Samsung Galaxy & Nexus 7)  didn't allow me to play the downloaded tracks offline even though I'm up to date with my payments for the Premium su...
  • u2space
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Help my android still wont let me stay logged in to spotify

Is facebook trying to take over the universe? I dont even understand what my spotify is doing on my phone. I log in then it shows my playlists then a screen comes up that says "get better recomendations by logging in with facebook" or something like ...

• Music Fan
  • Is facebook trying to take over the universe? I dont even understand what my spotify is doing on my phone. I log in then it shows my playlists then a screen comes up that says "get better recomendati...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync local files + Last Update destroyed Lockscreen control etc.

Hi, I have synchronized a lot of good, local stored music via Spotify playlists on my Samsung Galaxy S3 from my old PC (which is broken now and consequently all my locally stored music is gone) .Now I have a new PC and want to sync my "locally stored...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,    I have synchronized a lot of good, local stored music via Spotify playlists on my Samsung Galaxy S3 from my old PC (which is broken now and consequently all my locally stored ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Synced Files Won't Play On Galaxy S3

Local files from my pc that I sync onto my S3 won't play. Well it will play but only for a few seconds then skip on to the next track. While it's doing this I would notice that the playtime would show some crazy number like -7593:5 out of 3:25 second...

• Local files from my pc that I sync onto my S3 won't play. Well it will play but only for a few seconds then skip on to the next track. While it's doing this I would notice that the playtime would sho...
  • hop3less
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Wireless Sync from Android to PC not working

Hello, Since the last update, I have not been able to sync wirelessly (via Wifi from PC to Android), so that I can sync my local tracks. Enabling the wifi on my phone, my device does not show up on the desktop (windows 7, ethernet) client. This used ...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   Since the last update, I have not been able to sync wirelessly (via Wifi from PC to Android), so that I can sync my local tracks.   Enabling the wifi on my phone, my device doe...
  • cybermaniac
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

HOW TO: Saving to SD Card - ( 0.5.12.52 ) almost gave me cancer

I have no idea what you guys are doing in your software developement team, but all i can say is that you can do far better!LET ME TELL YOU MY STORY:first of all - my device: Samsung Galaxy S2 with 4.1.2 Jelly Bean + Touch wiz ( stock ROM ) So i just ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have no idea what you guys are doing in your software developement team, but all i can say is that you can do far better! LET ME TELL YOU MY STORY: first of all - my device: Samsung Galaxy S2...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

gray overlay on screen

My Spotify on my Galaxy Tab has a gray overlay on the screen. It was not there until my 2 day trial expired. I upgraded to Premium, but the gray overlay is still there. I can navigate and playa song, but it is all covered over by the gray "film".Albu...

• My Spotify on my Galaxy Tab has a gray overlay on the screen.  It was not there until my 2 day trial expired.  I upgraded to Premium, but the gray overlay is still there.  I can naviga...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Entire Library Shuffle No Longer Works

I'm very upset with the new changes to the Spotify upgrade.I cannot use the shuffle option for the artist's entire music library.Shuffle only works on one album.Shuffle plays all the songs on one album rather than jump all around the catalogue.WTF?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm very upset with the new changes to the Spotify upgrade.I cannot use the shuffle option for the artist's entire music library.Shuffle only works on one album.Shuffle plays all the songs on one alb...
  • DennisC3737
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

can i play music in a week without internet?

can i play synced songs in offline mode in a week, on a vacation forexample?

• Casual Listener
  • can i play synced songs in offline mode in a week, on a vacation forexample?
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Update - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.54

New Update - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.54 now available in Google Play. Release notes - EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE PREVIOUS VERSION!! Oh really Spotify, so absolutely nothing has changed between this version and the last version? Publishing release not...

• Community Legend
  • New Update - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.54 now available in Google Play.   Release notes - EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE PREVIOUS VERSION!!   Oh really Spotify, so absolutely nothing has ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.5.11.4

What's new in this version: - Fixed: An occasional problem that could remove offline playlists from the device.

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version: - Fixed: An occasional problem that could remove offline playlists from the device.
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes