Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Synced offline files won't play without internet connection

Synced offline files won't play without internet connection

Hello!

Keep in mind- not a premium user.

So, as said above, after I sucessfully sync files from my desktop, they won't play on my android unless there is an internet connection detected. The song names all have a green arrow next to them on my android.  

I have one playlist with both online and offline songs, and one that is completely offline, but neither of them will play without an internet connection.

Please help!  Spotify is great when it works!

5 Replies

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I am not sure if this will help you, but I will try my best............I am a premium user, have been for a very long time, and this is how I always add my own tracks that are not available on Spotify.  🙂
This is what I do when I add my own CDs to my computer.
1.  I rip the CD to my CD windows media Library.
2.  I use a converter (I personally use Real Player converter, but any will do) to convert my new songs to MP3 - without conversion, they won't show on your Spotify.
3.  I add the newly added tracks to a new playlist on my Spotify ( just ot make things easier to find)
4.  I plug my smartphone into my computer and download all the files to my phone just by clicking the button (available offline)....thus why I add all new stuff to its own playlist.
5.  Voila!  New songs ready to listen to on Spotify!

I don't know if that is the answer you are looking for, but if not, I hope it helps someone.  🙂

Happy listening, everyone!
Karen  🙂

If you liked my post, please send me some "kudos"!

If I solved a problem for you, please click the "accept as solution" tab.

FOLLOW ME AND I WILL FOLLOW YOU (just let me know you followed me)

KAREN ON LAST.FM

Karen's Twitter

Hi!

Thank you for your response, but that's not my problem.  My files will sync properly, but they will not play without an internet connection.  Everything is downloaded with green arrows, but when I press shuffle without a connection, it says that I need to upgrade.

6 years later I'm experiencing this problem as well.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're sorry for the late reply. We just came across this thread.

In this case we would start by performing a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know which device/devices this occurs on?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts