Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Synching local music to Android phones

Synching local music to Android phones

I have a playlist that consists of mostly streamed music but also some local music on my computer. I'm trying to synch it to my phone for use offline by my phone. The synching works fine for the streaming songs, and it also works for some, but not all, of the local songs. I've tried restarting/reinstalling on the phone, making sure the local music at issue plays in my computer's Spotify, etc. Nothing has totally fixed it yet. Any ideas?

5 Replies

I haven't played around with this much, but from my experience it seems to take a while (even days) for the phone to catch up with local file playlists. And I think the local files need to be on the phone as well as on the pc. I think spotify searches for the local files on your phone rather than them being uploaded/doanloaded automatically. As I say, I haven't played around with this much at all, but I would make sure your local files are on you phone, then restart or something. 

Andy

Hi. I assume you're following the steps in the android tab of this FAQ. What actually happens on the desktop client and android screen when you synch a playlist, do you see any error messages? How does the playlist look on the android when it has finished? Oh, and can you check you have plenty of available memory on the phone?

@john78 wrote:

I have a playlist that consists of mostly streamed music but also some local music on my computer. I'm trying to synch it to my phone for use offline by my phone. The synching works fine for the streaming songs, and it also works for some, but not all, of the local songs. I've tried restarting/reinstalling on the phone, making sure the local music at issue plays in my computer's Spotify, etc. Nothing has totally fixed it yet. Any ideas?

What happend when I find a song that's not properly synched on my phone (and is on a local file and plays fine in Spotify on my computer) is that you press play, the marker moves along the bar as if it is playing, but no sound. Then if you drag the marker to the middle of the song it just jumps to the beginning.

And for the most part the synch was fine. Just a few specific problem files.

If it's just a few files, try removing them from the playlist in the desktop client then add them back and resynch.

Suggested posts