Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tablet keeps stealing playback from other devices

Tablet keeps stealing playback from other devices

I have a situation where I have an android tablet that is used stationary as source of music for specific room. In this room there is Bluetooth speaker, which goes into standby when not in use.

Now, when I listen music from my computer, every so often music stops and I see that the tablet stole "active device" status. There is no one in the room with tablet, so I assume it had something to do with this Bluetooth speaker which periodically wakes up and reconnects with the tablet, but this is just an idea, I was not able to check it.

Basically, is there any way to prevent automatic stealing of "active device" status? I like, and use, Spotify connect, and I need the devices is online mode, but the whole "music stops playing and I have to switch to Spotify and retell it to use current computer to play" is starting to drive me insane.
2 Replies

I have seen similar behavior lately on 3 separate devices, only one of which is hooked up to Bluetooth. I'm seeing this behavior on my primary phone (a Galaxy S6 Edge+), a tablet I have at home (Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, I think), and my backup phone (a Nexus 4). Sometimes the playback will be stolen when I'm very far away from the device, at times that don't make any sense (my other phone will be hooked up at home and steal playback at 11am, for instance). Most concerningly, my primary phone just stole focus at my desk - while I was listening to Death Grips :3

I'm not sure what other data I can provide, other than that the problem started happening sometime around 3-4 weeks ago, maybe a little before that.

Verified that speaker is irrelevant - unplogged it completely from power, and tablet still steals playback every so often.

Suggested posts