Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Tell what is being downloaded?

Tell what is being downloaded?

Running the latest version of spotify on Android 5.0.1 with my Verizon Samsung galaxy s4. I should add this has been an issue for months, even before the 5.0 Android upgrade.

I have nearly 2500 songs 'saved' with the blanket 'save' switch under the apps song tab, which downloads all songs I have saved. Oddly, once in a while, spotify will say it's downloading 10+ (there is no pattern to the alone) songs after I start the app. I ASSUME this is indicating it's downloading songs I have already downloaded because they've been replaced with a better version, or perhaps an album I saved was taken off spotify and recently made available again. This is fine, I have the space for more songs on my sd card, but I would like to know what's being downloaded in some way, which is hard to guess with 2500 songs. Is there a way to see this?
1 Reply

It doesn't actively tell you what's being downloaded. However I find it happens when you've subscribed to a playlist that regularly gets updated.. For example the Spotify throwback Thursday playlist gets updated every week and as such you will find it downloads the new tracks automatically.

The way I identify what's going on is by using the notification feature to tell me when a playlist is updated, that way I know which playlist has new tracks

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts