Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tethering MobileData, Chromecast and Spotify

Tethering MobileData, Chromecast and Spotify

As of a few days ago, my ChromeCast can not be seen in my Devices box in Spotify when I am sharing/tethering my Mobilenetwork.

I used to just go out to my shop, turn on MobileDate, then turn on the Tethering Wifi and then my Samsung Note 3 finds my 2 devices, my LapTop and ChromeCast Audio, then I'd turn on Spotify on my Phone and connect to the ChromeCast device and play music...

Now, my phone finds the Devies as usual but Spotify does not show my ChromeCast Audio anymore, only my LapTop(as it did before too). The Mobilephone obviously has connection to the ChromeCast Audio, but Spotify does not.

WHY?

5 Replies

Bump

Bump again

You might want to have all your devices forget the network and then rejoin it. Try talking to Spotify live chat support too, as they have helped me in the past.

I still can't believe that no one from Spotify has even commented on my thread... Bad costommer service if you ask me... I've been paying for this service now for over 5 years and this is the first time I'm having issues...

I'll explain my isses once again, but in basic terms...

1. Walk out to my Workshop, No Net.

2. Take my Mobilephone (Samsung Note 3) out of my backpocket.

3. Turn on Mobile Hotspot (Mobile Wifi Sharing)

4. PC Autoaticly connects, and ChromeCast Audio Connects and shows up in my Connected Devices Window on the Phone App.

5. Open Spotify

6. Play a Song

7. Click on the Connect to a Device at the Bottom of the Screen under the Song being played

8. New Window Opens.

9. Possible Choices to Choose are:

a. This Phone

b. Shop PC

10. PULLING MY HAIR OUT BECAUSE THE CHROMECAST IS NOT VISIBLE!

Up until almost 2 weeks ago now, I haven't been able to find my ChromeCast Audio in Spotify... I worked without any issues for a Year... But no longer does. This is obviously an issue with Spotify and not my Phone nor ChromeCast. I've deleted all networks, Reinstalled ChromeCast and still the same issue.

From a very irritated customer.

Try restarting Chromecast and make sure it is on the network. I have been able to find Chromecast just using my mobile data and Bluetooth, try using Bluetooth. Also go to the Spotify contact us and you can get connected to a live chatroom to help you out. Very sorry you have had to wait to get help

Suggested posts