Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Android app streams in low quality on cellular no matter what settings

The Android app streams in low quality on cellular no matter what settings

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

A month or so ago, the app started streaming all music, whether cached or not, in low quality despite my quality settings being set to very high for cellular and Wi-Fi. I've tried reinstalling the app, restarting my phone, clearing cache and data, using different headphones, changing streaming quality to every possible option including automatic, turning the normalise volume setting on and off, skipping to different parts of songs, and nothing works. My 4G speed is pretty slow in my area but normally this would just mean songs that aren't cached would take a few seconds to buffer in areas with less 4G coverage but would still play in high quality.

3 Replies

Spotify has a setting called “equalizer” where you can adjust the setting of the sound to your preference.

open Spotify app, and tap the settings icon on your top right

keep going down until you find the Equalizer option
click on it and it will adjust the quality and sound of your music

I hope this helps!

That just opens my phone's equaliser which isn't enabled anyway. Also that wouldn't make sense because that would mean the equaliser is only used while using mobile data.

Hey there @nbdyson

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the Spotify app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind letting us know if the issue persists using a different internet connection?

Additionally, could you let us know if this is only happening when you're using headphones?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts