Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The EQ is not working on the Galaxy Note 5

The EQ is not working on the Galaxy Note 5

I have had this issue and i know others with the same issue, no mater what you do the EQ does not seem to work at all on Galaxy Note 5 devices (5 different devices). I would seriously encourage the developers to look into this because i pay premium yet no eq settings (does not work).
2 Replies

Hey there!

My Spotify works fine with the Equalizer of my phone (Dolby). Do other music apps have this problem too/

This can either be a problem with the OS or a problem with the app. But, try reinstalling first. It fixes most problems.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hi,

Android works slightly differently, rather than having EQ's per app/system etc they all tap into a global EQ which controls all volumes, settings globally for all apps that tap into the media output sound channel. The inbuilt EQ (or "Audio Effects" as it's called in the app) in spotify is essentially just a link to the Equalizer built into the ROM, if (as found in some Samsung & HTC devices) the EQ control is missing from the Android Settings then there is nothing for the Spotify to link to, as such it will remove the option.

If this is the case you need to install an app such as ViPER4Android FX (which is what I use, but does require Root & BusyBox to be installed), or EQ - Music Player Equalizer and the option will appear in the Spotify app. Clicking on it will take you to the EQ app where you can control the settings.

FYI:- xda thread for V4A with setup guide, tips and support is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts