Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The max volume of Spotify on Android is very quiet.

The max volume of Spotify on Android is very quiet.

As I said above, the max volume of Spotify is about half of my PowerAmp volume. I have turned off all volume settings in Poweramp and I still hear my music better. It's there any way to increase the max volume of Spotify? I can barely hear my music while walking on the street.
53 Replies

UPDATE: It only happens on my ZTE BLADE Q 4.2.2. It doesn't happen on my nexus 7. Audio effects are off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello!

Sounds like odd behaviour. Have you been editing the equaliser?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Thanks for answering. I've been experimenting with the problem. It really is strange. Here are my findings:

Full reinstall of the app, along with the offline music, didn't help. Neither does changing the quality. The equaliser is always off. I tested it on my friend's phone which is the same model and the problem is there too. I believe the problem is a compatibility issue. I've also tried with 3 different headphones and the problem persists. The default music app and Poweramp don't have the problem. The sound great.

I'm a power user when it comes to Android, so if you need any in-depth info let me know 🙂

Are you using a custom ROM?

Nope. Stock with root. My Nexus 7 is also rooted and doesn't have this problem. Also I haven't installed anything that would mess with the audio.

Any ideas anyone?

Are there any other audio applications installed? Thinking anything that may have come pre-installed on the phone?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Nope, only the default music player, whch only has the stock audio effects and those are always turned off. Spotify also uses these audio effects, but as I said., I never turn them on.

The max volume on my Galaxy S5 is also very low compared to the stock player and Play Music.

Lets hope we have an answer from Spotify then.

On the S5, it's worth checking that audio effects are turned off in spotify's settings and that you haven't enabled adaptsound for music.

Effects are always off. Adapt Sound doesn't affect the Spotify or Google Play audio.

@jwylot wrote:

On the S5, it's worth checking that audio effects are turned off in spotify's settings and that you haven't enabled adaptsound for music.

I recently switched android phones and I now have a problem where Spotify doesnt play as loud as it used to, maybe 75% volume.. Pandora plays much louder on the same device.

Weird thing is, I went from a 2014 moto x 16gb to a 2014 moto x 32gb.... so same mfg and model just diff storage size.. The 16gb moto x I bought refurbished and it came with 4.4 kitkat stock and then upgraded OTA to 5.0 lollipop, while the new 32gb i bought brand new and directly from Moto and it came with 5.0 already.

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify. I have both stream and download quality on Extreme, I dont have the equalizer on, and like i said, Pandora plays as loud as I'm used to.. So annoying!

Seems to be a few reports of this. You could try downgrading the app; check my signature for previous versions.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Sorry, that last comment is for @romajr86

Android Troubleshooting:

downloaded the updated app off your list in your sig.. 2.8.0.1064 -  volume issue is still there... everything else on my phone is loud ie: google music, instagram, stock music player through headphones and phone speaker... i even tried freezing any sound equalizer app in titanium backup that could possibly be the culprit.  still no go

This has been a problem since an update about 2 1/2 weeks ago.  It seems to be a problem with android users.  How do we get this problem to the software techs at spotify?!!!?  Community cannot help us here.  There is a glitch in the latest software.  It is driving me crazy, I am thinking about canceling my subcription.

Tony

@bulabone wrote:
downloaded the updated app off your list in your sig.. 2.8.0.1064 -  volume issue is still there... everything else on my phone is loud ie: google music, instagram, stock music player through headphones and phone speaker... i even tried freezing any sound equalizer app in titanium backup that could possibly be the culprit.  still no go

@stonyspider wrote:
This has been a problem since an update about 2 1/2 weeks ago.  It seems to be a problem with android users.  How do we get this problem to the software techs at spotify?!!!?  Community cannot help us here.  There is a glitch in the latest software.  It is driving me crazy, I am thinking about canceling my subcription. Tony

Can you both try v2.6.0 (grab from the link in my sig). That version seems o be OK.

Just so you are aware the forums are monitored by Spotify staff and issues are passed over to the relevant developers so they are made aware of any issues and will work on them as soon as they are identified.

Android Troubleshooting:

I am too having this issue on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

The volume in the app was quiet before the Android 5.0.1 update a couple of weeks ago, but now is even quieter.

Compared to the stock music player on the device, the Spotify app is around 40% quieter I would estimate at maximum volume.

I can clearly hear myself talk above the music with headphones in, the sound is that quiet.

This issue seems to have been going on for quite a while beforehand though reading back through the forum threads.

I too have tried the obvious fixes - removing the app, deleting the folders, reinstalling, disabling any sound enhancements etc.

Has any one had any luck with finding a solution or temporary workaround?

Is there any acknowledgemnt from Spotify tech support for this issue?

Regards

Suggested posts