Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The playlist radio function is seriously flawed

The playlist radio function is seriously flawed

Why is the radio function getting worse and worse? Not only does it keep repeating the same songs over and over and over and over again, until I feel like killing someone (or myself). But also the songs that it plays appear to be quite random and clicking the thumbs up or down seems to have little or no effect.

The artists in the playlist are for example Pantera, Faith No More, Sepultura, Therapy?, Kyuss, Machine Head and Alice in Chains, along with other similar acts. But for some reason the artists that the radio decides to play are T-Rex, David Bowie, Pixies, Blur, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones. Good music and all but I am kind of expecting to get music that is similar to the music in the playlist and I also expect the songs in rotation to exceed 10-15 songs. 

And despite clicking the thumbs down icon the exact same song reappears shortly after, I don't know how many times I've clicked the thumbs down on Blur's Song 2 and various Rolling Stones songs only for them to make an unwanted comeback a few songs later.

Something is seriously messed up with the way that the radio is functioning and unfortunately it seems to be getting worse rather than better.

Is this going to be improved or am I just some idiot who's completely misunderstood the purpose of the radio function?

1 Reply

Something's definitely changed recently, as my playlist based radio stations are doing the exact same thing; thumbs seemingly having no effect at all anymore. Thought I was the only one getting Song 2 all the time though haha.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts