Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The "close" button does NOT mean stop playing

The "close" button does NOT mean stop playing

I go into spotify to start playing, then go to the "close" at the bottom of my phone and the music stops.

I go in again, and start, and then "close" and it stops again.

3rd time it finally works.

Another thing. Play means play. Stop means Stop. They DON'T mean toggle.

IF IT STOPS WHEN IT SHOULDN'T OR DOESN'T STOP WHEN IT SHOULD AND I PRESS THE  BUTTON AGAIN, DO NOT RESPOND LATER WITH A TOGGLE I DIDN'T PRESS.

5 Replies

Hello, EarlPurple

Welcome to the spotify community and thank you for posting

• I would love to help you troubleshoot your issues and hopefully help you get them fixed. However I am not quite clear exactly what issue you are posting about. Does your music stop when you switch apps or just when you close the app out? Also which device are you using to play Spotify.

• As for the play/stop issue is it that you press the play button and the music is just slow to start or is it that you press it and the song shuffle or something.

I look forward to helping you fix these issues

I hope this helps you and don't hesitate to ask if you need anything else!!!!!

If this helped you please think about giving me KUDOS!!

If this solved your problem think about marking it a solution

Thanks So Much- Chris_Cornell

I am continuing to have this issue.

I go to the playlist and start playing, very carefully hit the "close" button and it stops playing. Several times a day. Not every time, I do get it to work eventually, but I am definitely hitting Close not Stop.

By the way, a quick option to "remove this item from the playlist and move on" would be very much appreciated.

Happening again SEVERAL TIMES today.

Clicked on spotify and got to the playlist I wanted to play.

To play it I have to click on the first track. I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY IT SHUFFLED.

Close (back?) button first time gets me off the playlist, back to the front screen.

Second time I click the Close button (i.e. the back option on my phone) it stops playing.

Not pause. Stops. When I go back in and play it, it starts from the beginning of the song again.

THIS IS HAPPENING AGAIN AND AGAIN I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS NOT HAPPENING TO EVERYBODY ELSE, YET THIS CONTINUES TO DISAPPEAR DOWN THE LIST WITH NO REPLIES.

JUST NOW EVEN WHEN I RESTARTED IT STOPPED THE MOMENT I HIT THE BACK BUTTON.

COME ON YOU PEOPLE THIS IS A BUG IT HAPPENS CONSISTENTLY I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS NOT AFFECTING OTHERS AND NOBODY ELSE IS REPLYING TO THIS.

STOP ALL IGNORING THIS BUG

Suggested posts