Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This really is the most buggy app ever!

This really is the most buggy app ever!

Guys, help me out here.  I signed up a couple of weeks ago and so far I have not managed to download my playlists to my phone and I am about 2 mins away from canceling my subscription!

First, there’s the problem (which seems to be extremely prevalent) where it reports that there is not enough space to download the tracks, this is blatantly not true as I have just put a 32Gb microSD card in and there is hardly anything else on it, the two albums I have downloaded are stored on the card so I know its not trying to use the internal storage.

Second, I have never had to take the battery out of my phone as much as I have done since I’ve been using Spotify.  I have recreated all my albums that on my IPod into playlists and tried to have them offline on my phone.  It sometimes downloads as many as a few hundred tracks and then the app stops responding and when this happens it takes down the whole of the OS with it and nothing at all responds.  So I take out the battery and log in again (as it has not remembered it) and nothing is downloaded and I have to start all over again. I’ve done this a couple of dozen times now - annoying really doesn’t cover it!

As well as the interface being inadequate in that the only way to really use it is to use the search functionality or create a play list for each and every album and when you go into a playlist and come out again it takes you to the to of the list, etc, etc.  Also there are some niggly things with the windows app such as no sort feature on playlists and no way of just seeing a list of artists in the library.

Honestly this is the worst app on any OS I have ever come across , it’s been reported that they have been given $100m from Coca-Cola, Goldman Sachs and Fidelity and they still can’t make an app that just does what it says it will do!

Please, please, someone prove me wrong about all this because I like the concept it’s just implementation that’s appalling!

3 Replies

It's currently not possible to use the SD card for storing your tracks.

Could you also use the troubleshooting tips here?

Community Ergo Sum

Thanks for this, however the cache is definitely being created on the SD card!

I've done this and now I'm trying to download only a few playlists at a time.  Perhaps it just can't downloading more that a handfull of files at a time?

Sorry, same problem. I'm really surprised it can’t save to sd card.  It seems obvious to me that they are concentrating on IPhone development and ignoring Android entirely.

I’m off to Rdio until Spotify make their app usable, if everyone who has the same frustrations as me does the same maybe they’ll take some notice of what people need from an app that costs £120 a year.

Suggested posts