Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This song not available

This song not available

Having used Spotify for over a year now, I'm finding it frustrating that I'm suddenly getting 'this song is not available' messages for all tracks now.  I'm paying for premium membership.  I only use Spotify on my Android phone.  I have previously 'fixed' this problem by un-installing and reinstalling Spotify on my phone.  But this delete all my download tracks, so I've had to re-download everything again.  Things were find for a few days.  Now I'm getting the 'this song is not available' message for every track I've not downloaded again.

I resent having to going through the whole uninstall/reinstall thing again, then having to download all my preferred tracks again.  Is there a simpler solution?

1 Reply

Hey @1241092768!

When things like that happen, reinstalling is the way to go.

When weird behavior appears, reinstalling guarantees a fresh and updated version of the app, getting rid of almost any previously found bug.

In the case of Android phones, clearing the cache and restarting the phone, helps to delete any remaining files that may cause bugs after uninstalling the app, just like these steps mention:

1. From the home screen, tap Settings > Apps.
  2. Find Spotify in your list of apps.
  3. If you're able to, tap Clear Data and Clear Cache.
  4. Tap Uninstall to remove the app.
  5. Turn your device off and then back on.
  6. Open Google Play then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

That's why reinstalling is one of the first steps to troubleshoot a situation.

If you keep getting the message you mentioned, let me know and I'll try to find another solution! 🙂

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

Suggested posts