Too many issues...

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Too many issues...

Community Legend
royisher is absolutely right ... If you cancel then take the opportunity to tell Spotify why - if they see a large number of people leaving because of a definite set of issues then they'll fix those issues pronto. People downgrading from premium are more likely to go try another service so wont necessarily turn into ad revenue for Spotify
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Highlighted

Roadie

wow. don't take it personally, but you people aren't that bright.  you think spotify as a company is not aware of how bad its android offering is?  you think it's just going to take one more loudmouth thread on this forum to *open their eyes?*  you argue we should remain paying customers and just continue to complain, because otherwise they won't know how bad their products are?  no damned wonder companies can not only get by with delivering crap, but they can thrive on it!  they have no competition and they know it.  every other streaming music service out there has a terrible android app as well.  maybe android will ultimately fall due to its multitude of versions and devices it must support.  it is much more difficult to make a solid android app than an ios app.  any mobile developer will tell you that.  maybe spotify, as well as most other cross-platform mobile services, knows this.  the ironic thing is that most of the bugs in spotify's android app exist on all devices -- they are fundamental programming errors, not device-specific bugs.  software for mobile devices these days must be agile, must fix bugs quickly, must react to numerous new devices on a regular basis.  most basement-dwelling android hobbyist-developers are able to do this.  a massive company like spotify couldn't be further from it.

so, i guess just keep hoping that one day they'll "listen" -- and keep pretending that's the problem.  meanwhile, i'll buy CDs, as that's a technology that still works and doesn't leave me frustrated at every turn.

Highlighted

Roadie

Interesting as I plan on moving from a 4S to an S3 and am already using Spotify on my iPad (excellent App) and my Tab 7.7.

For what its worth I do agree it will need a few more of us cancelling their Premium for spotify to take any notice.

When I see deals with Coke and Facebook, both of which keep spotify going, but mean absoltely nothing to me, i think we are wasting our time!

But spotify seems to want a decent android app but just choose to direct its resources to bigger priorities for them.

We should have a day of cancellations on mass, so they see a big spike in their revenue 😉 (obviously wanting spotify to survice in the long term!)

SUGGESTED POSTS