- Open any media application (e.g. Google Music or Radiosnet) - I use to stream radio during my breakfast at home
- Go to your car and launch Spotify
- Leave your car and go do something else (e.g. work in the office)
- Return back to the car by the end of the day and expect to have the Spotify launched!
- You will surprisingly have the other media service launched instead. This is pretty annoying since you will need to launch it manually. Every single time!
Here is the bug:
Spotify is not following completely the Android documentation. When the media session from it gets destroyed, Spotify should register a PendingIntent to sinalize to Framework that it would like to be considered to be launched in case a "media play" command is issued. Applications that follow the documentation work as expected (last media application used is the preferred one if no media session is active/present).