Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

streaming quality for capped data plans

streaming quality for capped data plans

All the other known streaming apps have this feature. Spotify should have different settings for cellular and wifi and automatically switch from one streaming setting to another when the data switches from cellular to wifi and viceversa. Automatic option works well but does not take into accont that there are users with capped data plans running their phones on hispeed networks.I have a 2GB monthly plan but LTE+ around me. Imagine on automatic how fast spotifiy is going to eat my data allowance when set on automatic. I know you can do it manually but it is annoying when you actually switch very often during the day from cellular to known wifi networks (home, work, gym etc.) and back. 

Simple setup premium and non premium users:

Cellular:

1.Automatic

2.Normal Quality (my choice)

3. High Quality

4. Extreme Quality

Wifi

1.Automatic (my choice)

2.Normal Quality

3. High Quality

4. Extreme Quality

This feature would be helpful to many many people. I live in Canada where data plans are very expensive.

Thanks.

2 Replies

Please support this idea and add your comments there.

I've added my post in ideas as well. I tried to document my wish as much as possible including the automatic transfer.  I found the idea found at your link a little bit laconic for my taste. Also 9 months old so a refresh won't hurt anybody.

Suggested posts