Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Certain Songs on Album Greyed Out?

I dont understand why the album is available but some songs are not? This really sucks as Buy the Stars is my favorite song

• Casual Listener
  • I dont understand why the album is available but some songs are not? This really sucks as Buy the Stars is my favorite song 😕
  • SeikoShinohara
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I think I figured out the widget...

The widget constantly crashes after some time. I'll play some music, widget works fine, I'll put my phone away for a few hours, widget is back to blank. Is it possible that Android treats the widget as a memory hogging app and simply closes it to spa...

• Roadie
  • The widget constantly crashes after some time. I'll play some music, widget works fine, I'll put my phone away for a few hours, widget is back to blank. Is it possible that Android treats the widget ...
  • Waldrepaaron
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in as new account, logged in as old account.

I created a new account not tied to a facebook account. I was automatically logged out of spotify when I deactivated facebook. I tried to log into the new account on the spotify app and instead of logging onto the new account, I was logged onto my ol...

• Casual Listener
  • I created a new account not tied to a facebook account. I was automatically logged out of spotify when I deactivated facebook. I tried to log into the new account on the spotify app and instead of lo...
  • michaelbunker
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there any way to download over 10gb of music?

I have a 64 gb SD card but the app is cutting me off at 10 gb. Is there any way to go past 10gb?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a 64 gb SD card but the app is cutting me off at 10 gb. Is there any way to go past 10gb?
  • rburton487
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio playing

Hello,It seems a radio linked to an artist starts immediately after the playlist of the artist stops playing. Has anybody had the same problem yet ?Thanks

• Music Fan
  • Hello, It seems a radio linked to an artist starts immediately after the playlist of the artist stops playing. Has anybody had the same problem yet ? Thanks
  • streetspirit
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

stops playing after few songs

ok so Spotify stops playing after like 10 songs, but this only happens when I click shuffle for an artist,, any artist and y shuffle their music it stops after like 10 songs and starts again like if it was a playlist

• Casual Listener
  • ok so Spotify stops playing after like 10 songs, but this only happens when I click shuffle for an artist,, any artist and y shuffle their music it stops after like 10 songs and starts again like if ...
  • elvis3991
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists on android

Can someone tell me if the only way to play your playlist in preferred order on your android is by buying a premium subscription? It will play playlist in order on desktop, but not android. It will find different songs by the authors on android. Than...

• Casual Listener
  • Can someone tell me if the only way to play your playlist in preferred order on your android is by buying a premium subscription? It will play playlist in order on desktop, but not android. It will f...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How

Ive had premium deleted the app by accident, reinstalled, signed in and now I dont even have premium any more.

• Ive had premium deleted the app by accident, reinstalled, signed in and now I dont even have premium any more.
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline songs are gone

I have experienced this more than once before for only 1-2 songs at a time. This time a large sum of my offline songs are gone. They were on sd card. Anyone familiar with this problem? What may have caused this?

• I have experienced this more than once before for only 1-2 songs at a time. This time a large sum of my offline songs are gone. They were on sd card. Anyone familiar with this problem? What may have ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! When is offline music played?

Hello! I have a question.I have downloaded some of my playlists to listen to offline. When is this triggered? Meaning if Im driving down the road listening to one of my offline lists, is it playing locally, or is it playing from the cloud? Trying to ...

• Regular
  • Hello!  I have a question. I have downloaded some of my playlists to listen to offline.  When is this triggered?  Meaning if Im driving down the road listening to one of my offline li...
  • Jb3rgman
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android]

Too bad Spotify doesn't have a person available for help. I'm sure they have lost customers that way. They lost me because I couldn't log on. The pre programed help, didn't!

• Too bad Spotify doesn't have a person available for help. I'm sure they have lost customers that way. They lost me because I couldn't log on. The pre programed help, didn't!
  • Erika
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify using mobile data when listening to downloaded playlist

When using Spotify on Android in online mode, even if I'm listening to a downloaded playlist it will use data. Why? It didn't do this before. Currently using version 7.2.0.1250 armV7 I've tried restricting its connections to mobile network but still ...

• Gig Goer
  • When using Spotify on Android in online mode, even if I'm listening to a downloaded playlist it will use data. Why? It didn't do this before.   Currently using version 7.2.0.1250 armV7  ...
  • Erika
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Stream Quality

I am testing both deezer and spotify to decide which is the best for me.I have found a lot of things where the one has a big plus and the other a big minus, in both ways, quite crazy indeed. Anyway .... in deezer the streaming quality is: enhanced, b...

• Music Fan
  • I am testing both deezer and spotify to decide which is the best for me. I have found a lot of things where the one has a big plus and the other a big minus, in both ways, quite crazy indeed. Anyway...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files on Android

I can't dowload the songs on my phone from my local file on my computer. They are in a playlist and Spotify tells me to just download the playlist but nothing happens, it says it's downloaded but I can't listen to the song. What can I do?

• I can't dowload the songs on my phone from my local file on my computer. They are in a playlist and Spotify tells me to just download the playlist but nothing happens, it says it's downloaded but I c...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't update

Hey,I've been waiting for the current update for months now. I'm using a Galaxy S7. Two friends of mine got the update on the same day, like I said, months ago. I'm still forced to use the older UI which is not very user friendly. In my opinion, you ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I've been waiting for the current update for months now. I'm using a Galaxy S7. Two friends of mine got the update on the same day, like I said, months ago. I'm still forced to use the older UI...
  • andigger
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify App for Gear S3 (now released)

Now that Spotify has been released for the Gear S3, has anyone had any issues connecting to LTE and streaming from LTE? I have no issues listening to spotify while my phone is connected to the S3, but I just tried taking it on a walk without my phone...

• Casual Listener
  • Now that Spotify has been released for the Gear S3, has anyone had any issues connecting to LTE and streaming from LTE?  I have no issues listening to spotify while my phone is connected to the ...
  • Factory8118
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Se elimina la musica

Tengo un problema soy usuario Spotify premium y en Mi Celular no me permite descargar musica dice que tengo más de 3 dispositivos en modo offlineYa me metí a la página principal y le di cerrar seción en todos lados y Borre todos los que decía que usa...

• Tengo un problema soy usuario Spotify premium y en Mi Celular no me permite descargar musica dice que tengo más de 3 dispositivos en modo offline Ya me metí a la página principal y le di cerrar seci...
  • Erika
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No reproduce algunas listas

Tengo spotify premium y de unos dias hacia aca observe que aunque acabara de actualizar mis listas, varias de estas no se reproducian. En la foto adjunta se puede ver que unas estan remarcadas y otras no tanto, las cuales son las que no puedo reprodu...

• Tengo spotify premium y de unos dias hacia aca observe que aunque acabara de actualizar mis listas, varias de estas no se reproducian. En la foto adjunta se puede ver que unas estan remarcadas y otra...
  • Erika
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes