Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Se cierra la aplicación

Soy usuaria premium y me parece indignante que se me cierre la aplicación al minuto de abrirla. Desde hace un mes me pasa y creí que con las últimas actualizaciones se arreglaría pero no.Spotify se cierra cuando abro otra aplicación. No queda ejecutá...

• Soy usuaria premium y me parece indignante que se me cierre la aplicación al minuto de abrirla. Desde hace un mes me pasa y creí que con las últimas actualizaciones se arreglaría pero no. Spotify ...
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android 7.0 Spotify Crash

Hi Community, since i installed the Android Version 7.0 on my LG G5 device, Spotify crash, if i click on settings, my playlist, my profile and profiles from friends.Other things are doing well.Need help please.

• Hi Community,   since i installed the Android Version 7.0 on my LG G5 device, Spotify crash, if i click on settings, my playlist, my profile and profiles from friends. Other things are doing ...
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Suggested songs wont leave me alone.

I'm on my android phone, trying to listen to my tunes and all of a sudden I'm getting suggested music that is soooo not mine. I just want to listen to my songs!I've messed with it a bit but it just won't let me listen to my stuff, come on Spotify, no...

• Visitor
  • I'm on my android phone, trying to listen to my tunes and all of a sudden I'm getting suggested music that is soooo not mine. I just want to listen to my songs! I've messed with it a bit but it ju...
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded songs.

I just recently resubscribed to premium but when I try to download the songs on my ZTE obsidian it keeps telling me there's no memory left when I still have 70-80 MBs of space left. What do I do to get my songs to download? It says I have 84 left to ...

• I just recently resubscribed to premium but when I try to download the songs on my ZTE obsidian it keeps telling me there's no memory left when I still have 70-80 MBs of space left. What do I do to g...
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution cannot log in from samsung mobile

Hi, I cannot log in to spotify from my phone because it says I am abroad and I need to update my location at spotify.com. I have at spotify.com that I live in Ireland but I cannot understand why this is not recongnised by my phone app (it was working...

• Hi, I cannot log in to spotify from my phone because it says I am abroad and I need to update my location at spotify.com. I have at spotify.com that I live in Ireland but I cannot understan...
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant Log In

I have typed in my username and password and it will not log into my account. I know I have the right username and password, but the screen just continues to say "Logging in..." but never actually logs in. Any ideas?

• I have typed in my username and password and it will not log into my account. I know I have the right username and password, but the screen just continues to say "Logging in..." but never actually lo...
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps deleting offline playlists

Currently using a galaxy note 4 and have been having issues with my playlists being deleted for months now, have tried fresh installs and re syncing on my end, nothing accomplished just keep losing my playlists.

• Currently using a galaxy note 4 and have been having issues with my playlists being deleted for months now, have tried fresh installs and re syncing on my end, nothing accomplished just keep losing m...
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium card doesn't work

Hi Guys,As I bought a 10€ Spotify Prwmium card 2 days ago, i entered the code. Then i got an E-Mail that my code was accepted and so on. Then i wanted to use the Premium functions but this also didn't work. I also tried to sign out and in again but t...

• Hi Guys, As I bought a 10€ Spotify Prwmium card 2 days ago, i entered the code. Then i got an E-Mail that my code was accepted and so on. Then i wanted to use the Premium functions but this also did...
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play podcasts

Hello, I have the Spotify app on my cellphone and everything goes right except for the podcasts section. I "click" one podcast to listen and it simply doesn't do anything. Anyome who help me please?

• Hello, I have the Spotify app on my cellphone and everything goes right except for the podcasts section. I "click" one podcast to listen and it simply doesn't do anything. Anyome who help me please?
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

listening to spotify thru my Onkyo TX-NR509

Hello,I have a spotify account that I access via Facebook. I would like to listen to Spotify thru my Onkyo TX-NR509 receiver. I have installed the Onkyo remote app on my phone. When I open Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S7 app it is asking me for a use...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have a spotify account that I access via Facebook. I would like to listen to Spotify thru my Onkyo TX-NR509 receiver. I have installed the Onkyo remote app on my phone. When I open Spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost downloaded playlists

After the latest update none of my songs are downloaded. Went in to listen to music at work today and nope... I have nothing downloaded. Now I have to try and remember to open it when I get home so they can all download again.

• After the latest update none of my songs are downloaded. Went in to listen to music at work today and nope... I have nothing downloaded. Now I have to try and remember to open it when I get home so t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't play music when I'm offline

Recently I got Premium, but when I go out of my house and start Spotify in the offline mode I can't play the music I downloaded. I have no idea what to do, because that was the main reason I changed to Premium, so I can listen to music wherever I'd b...

• Recently I got Premium, but when I go out of my house and start Spotify in the offline mode I can't play the music I downloaded. I have no idea what to do, because that was the main reason I changed ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! NO LIBRARY SHUFFLE OR PLAY OPTION!! You must be kidding me, this is a cancel-able offense

if they dont fix that soon i will cancel my subscription. ALL SHUFFLE is the most used feature in anyones music player. I mean really wtf. What idiot thought not to include that. It is standard in everything music player related. I mean the ipod's it...

• Music Fan
  • if they dont fix that soon i will cancel my subscription. ALL SHUFFLE is the most used feature in anyones music player. I mean really wtf. What idiot thought not to include that. It is standard in ev...
  • jaimemery
  • 30 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 5 likes

Galaxy S7 Edge crashing

I am running spotify app on Galaxy S7 Edge. The app is constantly crashing and can't stop the track being played, skip or turn off the app. In some cases the volume can't be adjusted either. This happens every time I use the app after around 15 minut...

• I am running spotify app on Galaxy S7 Edge. The app is constantly crashing and can't stop the track being played, skip or turn off the app. In some cases the volume can't be adjusted either. This hap...
  • lucaat
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost an ability

I lost my ability to exit the app and still listen to music after I got premium. Please help me with this issue.

• Casual Listener
  • I lost my ability to exit the app and still listen to music after I got premium. Please help me with this issue.
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Revert to sidebar menu

I really dont like moving the navigation menu to the bottom of the screen which takes a lot of space, preventing me from viewing songs and playlists. For my android phone, now I have the Android navigation bar, spotify navigation bar and then now pla...

• I really dont like moving the navigation menu to the bottom of the screen which takes a lot of space, preventing me from viewing songs and playlists. For my android phone, now I have the Android navi...
  • Colson18
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Playback "stops" after one song

Hi, i'm using Spotify Music 3.9.0.965 on a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. When I play a song (doesn't matter if online or offline), the playback stops at the end of the song. But the play buttons is still a break sign. It has no impact pushing the play/brea...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   i'm using Spotify Music 3.9.0.965 on a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. When I play a song (doesn't matter if online or offline), the playback stops at the end of the song. But the play buttons i...
  • elisabel79
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested Songs keep appearing

So I've noticed lately that more often than nought, suggested songs keep appearing in my music. I've looked at other posts about it and there doesn't seem to have been an actual working solution. One solution was that a playlist of 12+ songs should n...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've noticed lately that more often than nought, suggested songs keep appearing in my music. I've looked at other posts about it and there doesn't seem to have been an actual working solution.&nbs...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Croosfade Problem on Local Files

So I have sync my local files on the spotify app [Android] especially the clean version so I played some of it then I realized it doesn't crossfade! It only crossfade when it's not from a local file help me plss..

• Casual Listener
  • So I have sync my local files on the spotify app [Android] especially the clean version so I played some of it then I realized it doesn't crossfade! It only crossfade when it's not from a local file ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I get "Me" instead of "Your Library"

Good evening, I recently created a premium account of spotify and I downloaded the app for android, and it turns out that below, where are the options of home, browse, search, etc. I do not see the option of "Your Library", instead "Me" appears. I wo...

• Casual Listener
  • Good evening, I recently created a premium account of spotify and I downloaded the app for android, and it turns out that below, where are the options of home, browse, search, etc. I do not see the o...
  • 1967l
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes