Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Track degradation or skipping when streming bluetooth to car

Track degradation or skipping when streming bluetooth to car

Hi All,

often when i play music in my car (volvo V40) streaming it from Spotify through bluetooth the audio start skipping, i've tried a clean install of spotify, formatting the phone (HTC One M7),Changing ROM of the phone, changing the quality of the downloaded music, but the only way to solve this problem is to use other apps like google music or streaming online music from spotify.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

5 Replies

@Smoth wrote:

...streaming it from Spotify through bluetooth the audio start skipping,..... changing the quality of the downloaded music, but the only way to solve this problem is streaming online music from spotify.

Hi there. Sorry your post has many contradicting factors in. Are you talking about a degradation with streamed music or downloaded music?

The M7 doesn't have an SD card so that rules that out, however it does store external data on a seperate partition. You say you've changed ROM & also tried a full wipe. Did you just wipe the system & cache partition or did you also format the 'data' partition?

Can you try uninstalling Spotify and going to '/data/media/0/Android/data/' (I can't remember properly, but think that's the path for the internal mass memory partition) and seeing if you still have com.spotify.music or com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folders there? If so, remove them.

Other questions; are you using an equaliser app at all? Does this happen if streaming using headphones or the speaker? What ROM's have you tried it on? I used InsertCoin when I had the M7 and had no issues.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

hi,

thank you for your reply 🙂

i have problem with the downloaded music(with streamed music all works fine), when i changed rom i wiped cache,dalvik,data and system and i put the cyanogenmod rom.

now i'm returned back to stock and i don't have any equalizer app, but the one have the beats audio feature (i don't know if it can make some problem) but i've also tried to disable it but nothing changes.

if i use the phone with headphones(not bluetooth) or the phone speaker all sound fine.

i can try to delete those folders, but if i remember correctly i've already deleted them following the guide for a clean installation

So you did a full wipe when going back to a stock based ROM? ARHD by any chance?

It's only downloaded music... odd. So it's ONLY downloaded music and ONLY when played through Bluetooth. I wonder what's causing that.... Can you try clearing the app cache then change to 'Extreme' quality and re-download your offline playlists?

Android Troubleshooting:

yes i did a full wipe, both from stock to cyanogen and from cyanogen to stock, no stock htc not ARHD.

i've tried all quality download, when i re-download the playlist the songs plays well for 2-3 minutes then audio restarts skipping.

now i've tried to make another full wipe (with stock) and redownloaded the songs on Extreme quality, let's try.

after this wipe i really don't know how to solve this

OK, let me know how you get on. If that still fails I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts