Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks lag and drag on my phone

Tracks lag and drag on my phone

I've been a premium user for a few years without any issue, until now.  Tracks will not play seamlessly on my phone.  They lag and drag, slow down and jump.  Other music files play fine so I don't think it's the phone which I've been using for a year without issue.  I have no problem with Spotify on my desktop.  Have latest version and have tried restarts.  Can anybody help? Thanks.

HTC S Android 2.3.5

7 Replies

Would you be able to try all of the troubleshooting steps in this post and see if they make any difference? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yikes!  I suppose so but it will have to wait until tomorrow, thanks.

Sorry I haven't done this yet Peter. I've been trying to sort out the problem with someone from Spotify via my email address.  Have logged in with their test account and the stuttering problem persisted.  It seems to be getting worse by the day as well, whether on the test account or my own.

I am referring to offline playlist use.

Using version 0.7.2.402-g40e8dcb4

I have plenty of space on my phone, 13.48GB and 22.52MB internal storage.  Spotify has worked perfectly well previously with far less space.  Plus I have removed most apps, pictures, videos and music freeing up as much space as possible.  I also regularly make more space and clear caches.  I have also upgraded my SD card to 16GB.

This is very disheartening as I have premium in order to use on my mobile to teach music lessons, which I have successfully done for a few years, until now.  I now feel that my subscription fees are futile.

Hi. This seems to be a common issue for HTC Wildfire S users since a recent spotify update. It has been escalated to the android team and you should keep an eye on this thread for news.

Yes Joe thanks, I've noticed similar complaints re HTC Wildfire S users.  Now Spotify are asking me to do this:

"Delete Spotify from your HTC, clean all cache. Then take out your SD card , download Spotify again. Download just one playlist into offline mode, and let me know how did it go.  Do not use SD card in all this time, we just want to check if that issue it's because of that card."

I wonder if this is necessary as Spotify is not on my SD card?

I think it would just get confusing if I interfere 🙂 Stick with the support guys since they know more than I do and it will at least give them some more data to work on, assuming that spotify no longer likes android 2.3. Mybe you could just mention the other thread when you reply to them in case they aren't aware though.

Have already done, thanks again.

Suggested posts