Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble with playing music

Trouble with playing music

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung S9

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

When I'm listening to the Spotify music with my headphone I experience some trouble. Whenever my screensaver kicks in the music stops after 10/20 seconds. If I don't do anything the music will start after a couple of seconds, only to stop again. If I press the on/off botton the music automatically start. When I leave my screen open I do not have any problems. 

I couldn't find it anywere, I think it's a very specific problem. 

3 Replies

Hey @nbom90 thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

I would actually recommend doing a clean reinstall on your device. It might also be beneficial if you can restart your device, although it sounds simple, it can help from time to time.

Finally, if none of those work try clearing your cache and data by following these steps:

Step 1: Head to the Settings menu.
Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.
Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available.

Here is a video to help with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PeUOLLk0s

Let me know how it goes,

Jack 🙂

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your quick respons!

I tried the first two option you suggested. Untill now it seems to work. I hope it's enough and that I do not have to try the last one.

Thanks for helping out!

Greetings

Hey @nbom90.

Just wanted to check in with you and see if everything's back to normal now 🙂

If so, let us know and mark @Jᴀᴄᴋ's reponse as a solution so that other users can find it more easily.

Keep us posted 😉

Suggested posts