Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to Login on Android app.

Unable to Login on Android app.

Plan: Free

Device: Motorola Moto x4

Operating System: Android 9 (Pie)

Hello.  Just as the title states, I am unable to login using the app on my phone.  I tried opening up the app a couple days ago as usual and noticed it was logged out of my account.  So I tried logging in but it keeps telling me, "This email and password combination is incorrect".  A popup comes up asking if I need help logging in and I click "Get Help" and it offers to email me a password reset.  When I click on the link in the email, I get a popup saying the link is not valid or something.  I've looked for answers and read somewhere to try and open up that link in an "Incognito Window" but that doesn't work for me either.  I have logged onto Spotify successfully using my laptop and also using the website on my phone.  I have changed my password multiple times and it seems no matter what I do, the app simply will not let me sign in, while the website works fine.  I've tried a clean reinstall of the app on my phone with no sucesss.  I even tried using the Facebook login thing, even though I never linked my account, but it wont work and tells me to try using my email instead.

My wife had this exact issue a couple weeks ago and she says the issue resolved itself a while later.  It's been a couple days for me and have looked up information about this and have tried everything I've read and nothing seems to work.  I'd really appreciate any help on this or at least someone saying this is also happening to them so I know I'm not the only one.  Thanks.

3 Replies

I contacted Spotify via email and they had me go through a bunch of the same steps I'd already tried.  Nothing worked.

I powered down my phone and left it off for a when.  When I turned it on and opened up Spotify, it automatically logged me in again like normal and it's working completely fine now.

Not sure if that powering down thing did it, or if Spotify's tech support did something on their end, or if it was just a huge coincidence..  but it's working now.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Hey @JLARCAS.

Glad to hear that this issue worked itself out in the end! 

Let us know if you ever have any other issues - we'll be right here 😉

spotify:track:0xG0SHshCStMEyNbNC5d4k

I had a similar problem. First the automatic login via Google Smart Lock didn't work: Spotify went into a login/logout frenzy. After disabling Google Smart Lock, manual login didn't work with the error message "This email and password combination is incorrect" despite this working fine on the web. After restarting the Android device, it worked fine.

Suggested posts