Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to listen to tracks unless downloaded

Unable to listen to tracks unless downloaded

Hi, this is a very recent issue as it's only started in the last few days.

I'm unable to listen to any tracks unless I download them into a playlist first, sometimes it will work but will stop after a couple of tracks yet if I download the track or the album it will play fine.

I've performed a clean reinstall and had zero luck, understandably this is very frustrating as I pay for the premium service.

My device is a Galaxy S3 using the latest Jellybean operating system.
8 Replies

Does this happen on both mobile network and WiFi connections? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Seemingly it only happens on mobile network connections. I have no home wifi though which only compounds the issue.

I have the same problem on 4G. Never had a problem before but just this week it refuses to play any track.

I'm having the same issue and I tried to uninstall/reinstall the app and now I dont have my downloaded playlists nor will a single track play so spotify is seemingly usless as of now...

Hi. If you're still having issues streaming over mobile data, could you please post the following information to help with troubleshooting, thanks.

• Mobile model
  • Android version
  • Spotify version
  • Service provider
  • Does this happen with both a 3G and a 4G connection

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4, Spotify version 0.9.1.230, provider is EE, happens on 3G and 4G

Mobile model - Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300
Android version - 4.1.2
Spotify version - 0.7.4.606.gd2ce8b10
Service provider - T-Mobile/EE

Yes this glitch happens in both 3G and 4G

I'm using the Samsung ZTE Mezmerize. Model: N9101 Andriod: 4.1.2 (Latest Update) Carrier is US Cellular and I tried on 4G/LTE and spotify worked, however it had glitches. But I don't use my 4G because it sucks up data a lot faster and there isn't much of a differnce between 3G and 4G for speeds. The spotify version is 0.7.4 606. (I've had a premium membership for about a year and have only used my 3G with no issues until about two days ago)

Suggested posts