Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Few questions about downloading over android phone.

First of all I am really thankful for spotify existing, supporting my small country(Estonia) and mostly for being able to be used on Anroid FroYo(a lot of aps want to use 2.3 GB). Now time for my qustions, I will start with a technical one. Why peopl...

• Casual Listener
  • First of all I am really thankful for spotify existing, supporting my small country(Estonia) and mostly for being able to be used on Anroid FroYo(a lot of aps want to use 2.3 GB).   Now time...
  • Iamnyan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tunigo beta now available for android

Hey guys, I just installed the Tunigo beta which you can find here and I really like it so far. It integrates with spotify pretty well, gives me access to user playlists, including top tracks etc and there's a new releases section. So not only does i...

• Community Legend
  • Hey guys, I just installed the Tunigo beta which you can find here and I really like it so far. It integrates with spotify pretty well, gives me access to user playlists, including top tracks etc and...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Some local files not sync anymore

I use spotify over a year and never had problems. Actually some local files not synced anymore and greyed out on my phone. Anyone knows why? I tried to delete them out of my playlist and inserted again. Sometime it works, sometime not. I never had th...

• Regular
  •   I use spotify over a year and never had problems. Actually some local files not synced anymore and greyed out on my phone. Anyone knows why? I tried to delete them out of my playlist and ins...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring back the ability to search for certain songs/artists/albums on the android phones offline.

I can login to my Spotify Premium account on my Asus Transformer, but cannot find a search facility. Spotify HELP says click on three bar icon top left, but there isn't one.

• Casual Listener
  • I can login to my Spotify Premium account on my Asus Transformer, but cannot find a search facility.  Spotify HELP says click on three bar icon top left, but there isn't one.
  • 2characters
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Links not being sent

been a big user of spotifuggle and frequently send links from my PC/Mac to friend via facebook messenger, this has been working really well, however, this has now stopped working. When I send to friends Samsung galaxy the message gets sent but the li...

• Casual Listener
  • been a big user of spotifuggle and frequently send links from my PC/Mac to friend via facebook messenger, this has been working really well, however, this has now stopped working. When I send to frie...
  • Lowfer
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on OUYA Console

Has anyone successfully used Spoify on their OUYA Console yet? I just received mine last week and think this would be an awesome adition to the console.

• Casual Listener
  • Has anyone successfully used Spoify on their OUYA Console yet?  I just received mine last week and think this would be an awesome adition to the console. 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't connect facebook and spotify properly

hey, i've got this problem i've had spotify for a long time now on my Xperia Play phone and once in a while it logs me out, but that's no biggie, then i just log in againbut last monday i couldn't log in, no matter what i tried (re-installing, reboot...

• Casual Listener
  • hey, i've got this problem i've had spotify for a long time now on my Xperia Play phone and once in a while it logs me out, but that's no biggie, then i just log in again but last monday i couldn'...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not install on Acer DA220HQL

Hello, I've purchased an Acer DA220HQL recently and, though beeing very satisfied with the unit, can not install Spotify via the Play store. Spotify is not even mentioned in my view on the store. When accessing Spotify the store via chrome, the Play ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I've purchased an Acer DA220HQL recently and, though beeing very satisfied with the unit, can not install Spotify via the Play store. Spotify is not even mentioned in my view on the...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify taking up memory on my phones storage card

I dwonloaded spotify, the main app was ok about 15mb, but then I noticed spotify was using 9mb on my storage and then when I added tracks to a playlist via my desktop computer , the amount of storage spotify was using on my phone went up, is this rig...

• Roadie
  • I dwonloaded spotify, the main app was ok about 15mb, but then I noticed spotify was using 9mb on my storage and then when I added tracks to a playlist via my desktop computer , the amount of storage...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has made playing music almost impossible - so why pay for it?

So I got a 3 month premium trial from Virgin Media. Happy days. I downloaded the app, logged in, did a search for a track, selected it and... where's the "Play" button? Okay, so maybe its a bug in the app. So I loaded the browser version, logged in, ...

• So I  got a 3 month premium trial from Virgin Media. Happy days. I downloaded the app, logged in, did a search for a track, selected it and... where's the "Play" button?   Okay, so mayb...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Low, painful stuttering tone in bewteen songs

Hi there, Lately as I play music while sweeping away at my custodial job I have been encountering a problem when loading songs. I am experience a low, stuttering noise that is painful to the ear. So painful, in fact, that I have ripped my headphones ...

• Visitor
  • Hi there, Lately as I play music while sweeping away at my custodial job I have been encountering a problem when loading songs. I am experience a low, stuttering noise that is painful to the ear....
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Errore clamoroso

carissimi, l'errore clamoroso del vostro staff riguarda l'artista Will Johnson. Quello che voi riportate come componente del supergruppo Jay Farrar .... etc. con il cd New Multitudes non lo è assolutamente. Il Will Johnson di New Multitudes è il lead...

• carissimi, l'errore clamoroso del vostro staff riguarda l'artista Will Johnson. Quello che voi riportate come componente del supergruppo Jay Farrar .... etc. con il cd New Multitudes non lo è assolut...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Installation problem

Hi, I am trying to help my retired neighbour with his phone. Due to service the phone is missing some of the apps he used to have and he does at the moment not have his account-info for google, i.e. no access to google market. I thought that it was p...

• Hi,   I am trying to help my retired neighbour with his phone. Due to service the phone is missing some of the apps he used to have and he does at the moment not have his account-info for go...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont download

I recently recieved my replacement phone from T Mobile. HTC One S. Im guessing the play store is down, I cant get into it to download Spotify. When I google it, it just says its alrady installed. Help!!

• I recently recieved my replacement phone from T Mobile. HTC One S. Im guessing the play store is down, I cant get into it to download Spotify. When I google it, it just says its alrady installed. Hel...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

access to offline playlists

If I download playlists for offline access from one account to my Android device are they then available if I'm logged in on a different Spotify account on the same device?

• Casual Listener
  • If I download playlists for offline access from one account to my Android device are they then available if I'm logged in on a different Spotify account on the same device?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't enter last.fm credentials

Hi, I'm using the Spotify app (version 0.6.0.17) on a Nexus 7 and it won't let me enter my last.fm credentials. Nothing shows up when I try to type in the fields - when I select a field the keyboard pops up with a "done" button but then a second late...

• Hi,   I'm using the Spotify app (version 0.6.0.17) on a Nexus 7 and it won't let me enter my last.fm credentials. Nothing shows up when I try to type in the fields - when I select a field th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! All music clips like a vinyl record would jump making Spotify unusable..

Description When playing any music via Spotify whether I'm online or offline the tracks skip/jump as though I am listening to a vinyl record that is scratched What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? Has been happening for the last few ...

• Music Fan
  •   Description When playing any music via Spotify whether I'm online or offline the tracks skip/jump as though I am listening to a vinyl record that is scratched   What are the steps...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Alternative App Store

Is the Spotify Android App available from an app store other than Google Play? I live in China and have a Galaxy S3, which blocks Google Play even with a vpn. I am able to download apps from my US Amazon Android App Store account, but I do not see th...

• Casual Listener
  • Is the Spotify Android App available from an app store other than Google Play?  I live in China and have a Galaxy S3, which blocks Google Play even with a vpn.  I am able to download apps f...
  • GordonH
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

organize your offline playlists

Hi I want to write an android app which has access to your downloaded playlists and organize the songs in these playlists by album or artist. Is there already something like that or if I'm successful is it legal to upload it to the play store? I don'...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I want to write an android app which has access to your downloaded playlists and organize the songs in these playlists by album or artist. Is there already something like that or if I'm successful...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    copyright
    organization
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Grey Playlists Offline?

Hi, When i go offline on the spotify android app why do the folders in the playlists go to a light grey colour as if they have been disabled even though all the albums in the playlists have been downloaded. Also even though the list looks grey and 't...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   When i go offline on the spotify android app why do the folders in the playlists go to a light grey colour as if they have been disabled even though all the albums in the playlists hav...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes