Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to login on Android

Solved!

Unable to login on Android

Hello,

I am unable to login to Spotify and it seems like like nothing helps. Whenever I try to login via Facebook I get an error message saying "Something went wrong. Try logging in later or using your email instead" l. So that's what I do. But when I try logging in with my email, I get another error message saying "You're offline. Check your connection and try again" although I am online 100%. After a couple of times of trying I get an email with a direct link to login, which is supposed to expire in 4 hours - but when I try using it, just minutes later I get an error message that the link has already expired. I tried doing a clean reinstall which did not help at all. I triedCtried removing removing Spotify from Facebook applications but but that did not help either. I am out of ideas, can anyone help?

Thanks

Plan

Free

Country

UK (but but currently I am in Lithuania)

Device

Oneplus 7 Pro

Operating System

Android 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @mikas3,

Welcome to the Community!

You mention that you are currently residing outside of your home country. If you are using a free account you might need to go on your account page and change your country settings to the country you are currently in - Check out how to do this here

If you are still getting those error messages we recommend you try the following:

• Turn your WiFi off. Wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your router.
  • If you’re using a data connection, check if you have enough data allowance (although we recommend using WiFi if possible).
  • Make sure Spotify isn’t in offline mode (in the app’s Settings, under Playback).
  • Check your firewall (if you use one) has Spotify set as an exception.
  • Some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. You can contact those responsible for managing the network for more information.
  • If possible, try it with a different WiFi network. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.
  • Try a different device

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Have an awesome day!  

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @mikas3,

Welcome to the Community!

You mention that you are currently residing outside of your home country. If you are using a free account you might need to go on your account page and change your country settings to the country you are currently in - Check out how to do this here

If you are still getting those error messages we recommend you try the following:

• Turn your WiFi off. Wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your router.
  • If you’re using a data connection, check if you have enough data allowance (although we recommend using WiFi if possible).
  • Make sure Spotify isn’t in offline mode (in the app’s Settings, under Playback).
  • Check your firewall (if you use one) has Spotify set as an exception.
  • Some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. You can contact those responsible for managing the network for more information.
  • If possible, try it with a different WiFi network. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.
  • Try a different device

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Have an awesome day!  

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Elena,

Thanks for the quick reply. Changing the country to where I currently am did help, thank you!

Suggested posts