Country

India

Device

Redmi Note 11 

Operating System

Android 12 (Snow Cone)

My Question or Issue

Hi
I am using the same account on my desktop & Samsung phone, both working flawlessly but when I tried logging in using Redmi Note 11 it failed. I tried with spotify lite, it logged in but could not load anything even when my net speed 120 mbps (fiber net).

I have been facing this issue for a month approximately and have tried all the steps found in this space.

Spotify error message:
Something went wrong

Spotify Lite err msg:

This took longer than we expected, Please check your internet connection (PS: waited for 20 mins at this page then reinstalled and still same issue.)

7 Replies

Hi there @sunny1651,

Thanks for the post.

This is very odd indeed. Can you let us know what log-in method you're using: email+password / Google / Facebook?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I created the account using fb so I tried using that first. I also created password so after that tried with email+pass then email with no pass then phone with otp.

Spotify was asking me to login on my phone. It is not accepting my login. All details are correct they work on my laptop.

Hi there @sunny1651,

Thanks for the reply.

You can go into your phone's settings and make sure that the Spotify app is granted all Permissions. Do the following:

1. Clear the app's cache and data.
  2. If you're using an SD card, remove it and reboot your phone. 
  3. Try logging in again.

If the phone is new and you don't have a lot of info stored on it, you can also try doing a Hard reset. I'm recommending these steps since you can log in on your Samsung phone, so there might be some internal settings on the Xiaomi preventing the app to access the internet, most likely.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I had previously done that but nothing changed.

UPDATE:

There was some problem with the device. I did a hard reset, because other apps also started to get affected, now spotify is working. 

Thanks a lot for all the effort Alex

I can not login, via google, via phone, via email and password, nothing is working
its showing something is wrong

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post, since it fits better here in this thread.

That being said, we'd suggest you try some of the steps you find in this thread to see if you notice any changes in this behavior. Let us know how it goes.

If none of them doesn't do the trick, would you mind sharing with us the make/model and OS of the affected device along with the Spotify version you're running there? You can check the version on the app store of your device.

Lastly, would you mind checking if you can replicate this behavior on a different device? You can ask for the device of a relative or a friend to try to open your account there.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts