Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth speaker breaks my shuffled queue.

Bluetooth speaker breaks my shuffled queue.

Plan

Free/Premium

Device

Xiaomi Redmi note 8 Pro

Anker SoundCore 2 Bluetooth Speaker

Operating System

Android  10 Q1PA. 190711.020

My Question or Issue

So the thing is that at work I have a bluetooth speaker connected to my phone and listen to my +1000 song playlist on shuffle.

Everything is fine when I start playing music BUT when I receive a call I have to turn off the speaker to answer the call and when I'm done I turn it on again and reconnect.

Now this is where the shuffle breaks. Normally the shuffled queue should continue playing BUT as soon as the interrupted song ends it should continue to the next one in queue but that doesn't happen but instead the shuffled queue reshuffles with new songs + the last 10 or 20 songs.  I usually receive a lot of calls during work and it drives me insane that I have to listen to the same songs over and over again. Sometimes the shuffle completely breaks and doesn't add any more songs into the queue and when the queue finishes, spotify then drops me out of my playlist and starts playing random music.

I've read that the shuffle feature in general has a strong bias towards specific songs in the past and I don't know if it still has but the shuffle feature does work just fine if you don't touch it and let it play the music uninterrupted but once interrupted it goes haywire.

So what can be done to fix this other then buying a different speaker?

Things I tried to fix this:

-Reinstalling Spotify

-Log out- log in

-Transferred my whole playlist into a new one

-Deleted all liked songs and other minor playlists

-Unpaired my bluetooth speaker

-Restarted phone

-Updated all apps on my phone and deleted unused ones

6 Replies

Hey there @BoskoSLO!

Thanks for posting in the Community with such detailed information.

Awesome job on the troubleshooting you've tried so far, sorry to hear it's not helped the situation. Can you let us know if and how the Bluetooth speaker appears in the connect picker in the app? It'd be best that you sent us a screenshot of your Now Playing view when you're connected and what you see when you open the Devices available menu Elena_0-1649514741704.png

We'll be on the lookout for your update!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is one of the reasons I use Tidal instead. Ma8n reason it offers DSD quality over the air. Spotify os a glorified youtube equivalent. At least quality.

YouTube breaks their shuffle when you have over 3 thousand songs to play also, almost like it was intentional.

Same happens here. Every time I migrate playing from one device to another (generally from my iOS iPhone 13 to my Desktop) the queue I had previously configured goes away and the regular queue for the playlist I'm hearing takes place.

Generally I'm listeding to the Daily Drive playlist and I re-order the queue to a more appropriate mix of news and music during as I'd like to prioritize the news during my commute. When I get to work and change the device to my desktop to save battery from my mobile, the order I placed gets lost.

Hey there @arrudajoao

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community. 

What you described is expected behavior of the app. Currently, when the app is closed on one device it stops syncing to the servers and this is why that info doesn't get synced to the other device. However, the songs should sync if the app is open and active on both devices when you're streaming.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey Eni, thanks for the quick message.

Unfortunately it happens while both devices are active with Spotify opened.

I'll be happy to assist you if you need help to reproduce this problem.

Hey @arrudajoao,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

We've forwarded your report to the relevant team, however we can't confirm when it will be addressed. In the meantime, make sure to keep the app on your devices up to date.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts