Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution music quality having it downloaded

PlanPremiumDeviceXiaomi redmi note 8 pro Operating SystemAndroid 11 I have a doubt that if I download music with premium, the quality of the music with an internet connection will be the same quality as when I download the songs? plz helppp 沈

• Plan Premium Device Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro  Operating System Android 11   I have a doubt that if I download music with premium, the quality of the music with an internet connection ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify has royally F***** up the layout where has the all songs list gone?

PlanPremiumOperating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueWhat happened to the old library layout with the tabs for songs/artists/albums? I have a massive collection of saved songs and thanks to someone screwing with a perfectly good app I can now no lon...

•   Plan Premium Operating System Android My Question or Issue What happened to the old library layout with the tabs for songs/artists/albums? I have a massive collection of saved songs and ...
  • saenz
  • 5 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App doesn't work after signing out everywhere

CountryItalyDeviceSamsung Galaxy A51Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueHello everyone, I've been facing an issue for a few days: I had noticed my account was somehow compromised because someone was using it to listen to an artist in parti...

• Country Italy Device Samsung Galaxy A51 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Hello everyone, I've been facing an issue for a few days: I had noticed my account was somehow ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Scrolling doesn't work properly in playlists

PlanPremium (but doesn't matter)CountryGermany (but doesn't matter) DeviceOnePlus 3Operating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 My Question or IssueIn the Spotify Android App, when I use the scroll bar in playlists at the very right, the scroll bar and my finger to...

matzel_0-1669543526322.png
  • Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium (but doesn't matter) Country Germany (but doesn't matter)   Device OnePlus 3 Operating System Android 7.1.1   My Question or Issue In the Spotify Android App, when I...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant listen to 1 particular podcast on android.

Hello I'm living in Ireland and am a premium member. My device is an android A41. My Question or IssueI am trying to listen to a podcast (the global news podcast) on my phone but it won't play. I can listen to music and other podcasts on my android I...

• Hello I'm living in Ireland and am a premium member. My device is an android A41.   My Question or Issue I am trying to listen to a podcast (the global news podcast) on my phone but it won't ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error when removing song that appears multiple time in play queue.

I use the play queue a lot, and I've noticed some problems in the new "Up next" version. If the same song appears several times in the queue, and I check one of them and select "remove", then all occurrences disappear.

• Casual Listener
  • I use the play queue a lot, and I've noticed some problems in the new "Up next" version. If the same song appears several times in the queue, and I check one of them and select "remove", then all occ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    queue
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to stop from automatically downloading saved albums?

Recently all my downloaded files were deleted, so to redownload my music again I used the solution to go to Song in my library and press Download. Now whenever I save a new album, the songs are automatically downloaded. This is not something I want, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently all my downloaded files were deleted, so to redownload my music again I used the solution to go to Song in my library and press Download.    Now whenever I save a new album, the ...
  • 14stepstoVerify1opin
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My account doesn't have some features

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceAll devices Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueMy account doesn't have some features that I used to have like queue, previous track and skipping a song to the middleThis is only to my accountI tried in other devices...

Screenshot_2022-11-26-22-55-08-27_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg Screenshot_2022-11-26-22-55-24-04_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg
  •   Plan Free Country India Device All devices  Operating System Android    My Question or Issue My account doesn't have some features that I used to have like queue, pre...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Have Pixel Pro 7, Android 13 album art now showing up up on car bluetooth connection.

I have a Pixel Pro 7. Since getting this phone, my Spotify album art no longer shows up in my Hyundai Santa Fe 2021. I never had a problem until I got this new phone. Previously I had a Samsung S21+ and everything worked great. Is this an OS issue? I...

• I have a Pixel Pro 7. Since getting this phone, my Spotify album art no longer shows up in my Hyundai Santa Fe 2021. I never had a problem until I got this new phone. Previously I had a Samsung S21+ ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Transparent background on spotify?

Hello folks! I wonder if your spotify developer can make so the users can choose if they want background or transperent background on the spotify widget!  Thanks in advance!

• Casual Listener
  • Hello folks!   I wonder if your spotify developer can make so the users can choose if they want background or transperent background on the spotify widget!     Thanks ...
  • JustNaeem
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't log in, my android phone continues to tell me Spotify is currently off-line, no matter how I t

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,e...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macb...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution the artist i listened to the most isn't showing on my top artist

i was just wondering if is it because he has only released one song that's why he didn't appear? i tried different uhm sites to look for my top artists but he isn't appearing anywhere. thank you. the artist is natori (なとり) by the way.

• Casual Listener
  • i was just wondering if is it because he has only released one song that's why he didn't appear? i tried different uhm sites to look for my top artists but he isn't appearing anywhere. thank you. the...
  • ruidesu
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently Played Artists Doesn't Appear

PlanFreeCountryGuatemalaDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 8 / WindowsOperating SystemAndroid 10 / Windows 10 My Question or IssueI cannot see any of my friends' recently played artists on their profile page. I only see their playlists on their profile page. My...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Guatemala Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 / Windows Operating System Android 10 / Windows 10   My Question or Issue I cannot see any of my friends' recently played...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Podcasts] Get Spotify to play the next podcast in line without any user interaction

At the moment I'm experiencing problems when trying to listen to a series a podcast.I’m using Spotify version 8.7.84.382 on my Samsung A41 phone.When I am listening to a podcast Spotify can’t automatically start the next podcast in order. It will ope...

• Visitor
  • At the moment I'm experiencing problems when trying to listen to a series a podcast. I’m using Spotify version 8.7.84.382 on my Samsung A41 phone. When I am listening to a podcast Spotify can’t aut...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify on phone audio streaming to Bluetooth speaker. Do calls interrupt stream?

Plan - PremiumCountry - UKDevice - Samsung Galaxy S20FE My Question or Issue Hello there Sad timesIt's my Dad's funeral in a few days, and for the wake afterwards I've made a Spotify playlist.The venue has a Bluetooth music system and they said I can...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan - Premium Country - UK Device - Samsung Galaxy S20FE   My Question or Issue   Hello there   Sad times It's my Dad's funeral in a few days, and for the wake afterw...
  • MihailY
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to play songs over wifi...Android Samsung a13

I've tried many things, including torubleshooting and cleaning cache/reinstalling, but nothing has worked and I think it is quite the opposite of the most "common" problem that I've read in the community forums. Since a couple of days (at least) when...

• Visitor
  • I've tried many things, including torubleshooting and cleaning cache/reinstalling, but nothing has worked and I think it is quite the opposite of the most "common" problem that I've read in the commu...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Phone media volume affecting spotify volume on other devices

Device: Samsung Galaxy S8 (Android 9, last upgrade Oct 1, 2019)Spotify version: 8.5.30.579Plan: Premium Spotify connect devices:- Win 10 PC / Notebook- Raspberry running Raspotify- iEAST AudioCast M5 My Question or IssueI have noticed some weird volu...

• Casual Listener
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy S8 (Android 9, last upgrade Oct 1, 2019) Spotify version: 8.5.30.579 Plan: Premium   Spotify connect devices: - Win 10 PC / Notebook - Raspberry running Ra...
  • phkara
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 8 likes
  • volume
  • 20 replies
  • 8 likes