Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Full version of Spotify on Android TV

Has anyone managed to sideload the full Android version of Spotify on an Android TV. I have tried a couple of apks with no luck.Thanks

• Has anyone managed to sideload the full Android version of Spotify on an Android TV. I have tried a couple of apks with no luck. Thanks    
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

turn off spotify on samsung s8

how do I tuen off spotify when done using ? There doesnt appear to be any exit or off button

• Visitor
  • how do I tuen off spotify when done using ? There doesnt appear to be any exit or off button
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Eliminar canciones que me gustan

Hola, quisiera saber como hago para eliminar todas las canciones que tengo marcadas con "Me gusta". Solo puedo hacerlo sacando el corazón 1 por 1.

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, quisiera saber como hago para eliminar todas las canciones que tengo marcadas con "Me gusta". Solo puedo hacerlo sacando el corazón 1 por 1.
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Remove Uninteresting Podcasts from Library

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have an android phone and previously liked a bunch of podcasts I was interested in listenin...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I have ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Extreme Lag with Latest Android TV and Xbox One Spotify Apps

Hi Spotify Community, Since this week I've been encountering major slowdown/unresponsiveness when changing tracks on both the Android TV and Xbox One Spotify apps. The problem consistently occurs when I select a track from a different album to the on...

• Music Fan
  • Hi Spotify Community,   Since this week I've been encountering major slowdown/unresponsiveness when changing tracks on both the Android TV and Xbox One Spotify apps.   The problem consi...
  • j1992e
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution my data is using 5x what is should be using when streaming

I'm on a premium plan, using an S9 galaxy. I've been paying for about 4 years. When streaming spotify and using my phones data, the data usage is abnormally high. I have the cellular streaming setting to "very high" and it has been like that for year...

• I'm on a premium plan, using an S9 galaxy.  I've been paying for about 4 years.   When streaming spotify and using my phones data, the data usage is abnormally high.  I have the cell...
  • Jeremy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify installation or update stuck

PlanPremiumSweden DeviceSamsung Galaxy 10eOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI have had problems with below bug and therefore I got happy when I saw you had released a new version on play store. The update/ download stopped at 68 % and ne...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Sweden   Device Samsung Galaxy 10e Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I have had problems with below bug and therefore I got happy when I saw you had ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify se cierra al reproducir videos en otra aplicación

Hola, tengo un problema, con mi celular Mi A2 Lite, cuando abro un video en otra app (como YouTube, Facebook, Instagram) Spotify se cierra, incluso cuando escucho una nota de voz en WhatsApp, el problema es que debería detenerse durante el video y ya...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, tengo un problema, con mi celular Mi A2 Lite, cuando abro un video en otra app (como YouTube, Facebook, Instagram) Spotify se cierra, incluso cuando escucho una nota de voz en WhatsApp, el prob...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Please reduce or remove the splash screens

Every single time I open the Spotify app on my Pixel 2 XL, I get some sort of splash screen (some might call it a full screen notification) that tells me to check out some feature or artist or podcast. This even happens at times when I return to the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Every single time I open the Spotify app on my Pixel 2 XL, I get some sort of splash screen (some might call it a full screen notification) that tells me to check out some feature or artist or podcas...
  • Alex
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android][Your Library] Syncing between devices

I use spotify on both my work computer and my phone. Throughout the day, I add songs to my liked songs while at work and then will want to listen to them on my commute home/to school, but the playlist refuses to sync. I've closed the app, turned off ...

• Casual Listener
  • I use spotify on both my work computer and my phone. Throughout the day, I add songs to my liked songs while at work and then will want to listen to them on my commute home/to school, but the playlis...
  • nope123456
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't allow me to use bluetooth to pause

PremiumUnited States Pixel 3aAndroid 11 I have recently found that Spotify doesn't allow for pausing, skip trick, or go back a track using Bluetooth headphone buttons. I can hit the button for play which successfully causes it to play, but the button...

• Visitor
  • Premium United States   Pixel 3a Android 11   I have recently found that Spotify doesn't allow for pausing, skip trick, or go back a track using Bluetooth headphone but...
  • Alex
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to play Dissect podcast in India.

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceOnePlus 3Operating SystemWindows 10 Dear Spotify, I'm unable to play your iconic podcast Dissect on both android and pc. I thought Spotify originals are accessible everywhere. Thanks

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country India Device OnePlus 3 Operating System Windows 10   Dear Spotify,   I'm unable to play your iconic podcast Dissect on both android and pc. I thought...
  • valmirio
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution How do you report or fix wrong lyrics?

PlanPremium DuoCountryColombiaDeviceHuawei Y9 2019Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueI have recently moved to Premium, and something I have liked is the synced lyrics option. But I cannot help but notice that there are some songs that eith...

• Plan Premium Duo Country Colombia Device Huawei Y9 2019 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue I have recently moved to Premium, and something I have liked is the synced lyr...
  • LsgS
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Wrong Lyrics
  • 12 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Android App Breaks when Using Smartwatch in Remote Mode

PlanPremium DeviceTested on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S20Operating SystemAndroid 10 Info about Smartwatch:Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, One UI Watch version 2.0, Tizen version 5.5.0.1 When I have the Spotify App installed on my smartwatch, and u...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Device Tested on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S20 Operating System Android 10   Info about Smartwatch: Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, One UI Watch version 2.0, Tize...
  • Alex
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution audio drops on nest mini

Spotify (Premium account) keeps stopping randomly when I play through Google Nest Mini. I have determined it is only a spotify issues. Sometimes it can play several songs, sometimes it will stop after 1 song, sometimes mid-song. Sometimes after 30 se...

• Spotify (Premium account) keeps stopping randomly when I play through Google Nest Mini.  I have determined it is only a spotify issues.  Sometimes it can play several songs, sometimes it wi...
  • Ashoke_Talukdar
  • 27 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 5 likes

Regarding Interactivity and Responsiveness

When attempting to play a file on a slow internet connection, Spotify will begin to LOAD the content, but won't display any obvious sign that it's doing so. This happens especially often on poor internet connections, or with larger files. This create...

• Visitor
  • When attempting to play a file on a slow internet connection, Spotify will begin to LOAD the content, but won't display any obvious sign that it's doing so. This happens especially often on poor inte...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Interactivity
    Responsiveness
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "no internet connection" in Adroid, but i have data conectivity

Plan Free Country Spain (Movistar) Device OnePlus 5T Operating System Android 10 (Oxygen 10.0) My Question or IssueIn BETA version, I get the "no internet connection" warning but I have 4G or WiFi connectivity, Spotify doesn't download anything, no m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free   Country Spain (Movistar)   Device OnePlus 5T   Operating System Android 10 (Oxygen 10.0)   My Question or Issue In BETA version, I get the "no internet connec...
  • Ver
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crash issue on Android

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(Xiaomi Redmi note 8 pro)Operating System(Android 10.) My Question or IssueWhen playing music background or while screen is locked the music stops unexpectedly and when I look if someone's calling me or something there i...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Turkey Device (Xiaomi Redmi note 8 pro) Operating System (Android 10.)   My Question or Issue When playing music background or while screen is locked the...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Unable to Skip News Podcasts on Daily Drive

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceSAMSUNG Galaxy 10Operating System My Question or IssueWhen listening to daily drive while running with earbuds, I can't skip podcasts in daily drive. There needs to be a USER option like other podcast interfaces where we c...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device SAMSUNG Galaxy 10 Operating System     My Question or Issue When listening to daily drive while running with earbuds, I can't skip podcasts in dai...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Podcast is downloaded but needs internet to play

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePixel 4 XLOperating SystemAndroid 11My Question or IssueI was listening to a Joe Rogan episode that I had downloaded and it stopped playing while I was running. (Where I live the service is spotty so I always down...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Pixel 4 XL Operating System Android 11 My Question or Issue I was listening to a Joe Rogan episode that I had downloaded and it stopped playing whil...
  • Alex
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes