Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to open public playlist that I received through WhatsApp and Gmail

Unable to open public playlist that I received through WhatsApp and Gmail

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Unable to open a public playlist that was sent to me in WhatsApp link plus a Gmail link. I keep getting the message "Private Playlist" but it is public and several other people were able to open it in their accounts. I have tried it on two android devices and tried reinstalling the app,nothing has worked and the Spotify agent was unable to resolve it. I have the premium family account.

1 Reply

Hey @saileach,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, it might be worth checking if the owner set the playlist as private recently. To check this, they have to go to the playlist they want to share> three dot menu> make public.

If you checked this, and made sure the playlist is public, would you mind sending us a screenshot of the error you're seeing when trying to open the playlist?

Note: Be aware this is a public space, so please don't share any personal info on the screenshot you'll send us.

Meanwhile, you could try the following to see if you can open the playlist:

1. Ask your relative or friend to send you a new link to the playlist.
  2. Copy that link.
  3. Once you've copied the link, you have to paste it directly into the app's search bar on your mobile device and hit search.
  4. You'll be redirected to the playlist (if it's public).

Keep in mind, you have to hit "search" once you put the link into the search bar, so the app can locate the playlist. Let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts