Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I've been having this problem what seems like all year.  When I search for a specific artist on my playlist, let's just say Drake, instead of playing the rest of the songs that appeared after searching (AKA just Drake songs), Spotify plays the song that is after the song when the playlist is unfiltered. My guess is that it's to add revenue by playing different artists, but it's gotten to the point where I want to switch to Apple.

I don't want to look at my phone while driving to change the song to make sure it stays on the same artist, I shouldn't have to go to my phone after every song is finished just to keep the same artist playing. I chose Spotify over Apple for it's functionally and practicality, but that's slowly becoming a back thought with the company.

1 Reply

Hey @DannyReyna.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this 🙂

This is currently expected behaviour on mobile devices (on the desktop app it plays through all the artist's songs, and then Autoplay starts). However, we understand that this is something that you would like to see implemented for mobile. 

You can create an idea about it in the Ideas Exchange here and get others to vote for it. If it garners enough votes, then Spotify might consider implementing it in the future! 

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions or queries.

Suggested posts