Country

The Netherlands

Device

Realme GT Neo 2

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Hey everyone,

Whilst being connected with my Google home speaker, I am unable to select songs which are not downloaded via the spotify app on my phone. I can also not connect with my Google speaker whilst an undownloaded song is playing.

As a workaround I am able to put the song in queue and skip the current song and I can select a song via voice command directly to my Google speaker.

I can also still play all songs from my local device's speaker.

What I've tried the following to solve the issue:

1. Clear cache Spotify
  2. Clean install Spotify
  3. Clear cache Google Home & relink account
  4. Clean install Spotify & Google Home and relink account
  5. Further troubleshoot what functionality is available to pinpoint the error further

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! 

I just tested the things as mentioned.

Logging in on another device: problem did not occur

Another account logging in on my device: the problem persists.

Version: 8.7.64.478

After this I checked for new updates on my device and updated to version 8.7.66.534

The problem seems to have been solved in this update! So I'm super glad with that.

Hopefully this post also gives enough information to track where and why the problem occured.

Cheers,

Lance 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey there @Lancedehoog

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases.

Could you let us know if the same happens using a different internet connection? Also, would you mind checking if the issue persists if you log in to your account on a different phone and try listening to music on your speaker from there?

On another note, we suggest that you check if the firmware of your speaker has any pending updates. 

Lastly, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey Eni,

Thanks for your reply! 🙂

1. The speakers' firmware were up to date

2. Using a different mobile device (not my account), there was no issue

3. Using a different speaker via another WiFi connection the issue persisted with my mobile device

The issue arrose since the last update, which I updated to on the 2th of September. I have yet to try connecting to my speaker via a different mobile device.

Thank you for helping,

Lance

Hey @Lancedehoog,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared 🙂

In this case, can you try to open your account on that other mobile device you mentioned to check if the inconvenience persists? This'll help us verify if this account-related.

On another note, can you check if this is happening if you open a different account on your mobile device? You can ask for the account of a relative or a friend to open their account and check.

Would you mind sharing with us if the update was for Spotify App or for your speakers?

Lastly, can you share with us the exact Spotify version you have installed on your mobile device?

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Marked as solution

Hey! 

I just tested the things as mentioned.

Logging in on another device: problem did not occur

Another account logging in on my device: the problem persists.

Version: 8.7.64.478

After this I checked for new updates on my device and updated to version 8.7.66.534

The problem seems to have been solved in this update! So I'm super glad with that.

Hopefully this post also gives enough information to track where and why the problem occured.

Cheers,

Lance 🙂

Suggested posts