NEXT STEP

Unable to stream ANY podcasts on speakers

Unable to stream ANY podcasts on speakers

Plan

Duo

Country

UK

Device

(Xiaomi Redmi 10 pro, Google Home speaker, Echo dot and Lenovo desktop speaker)

Operating System

(Muiu13.)

My Question or Issue

Up until recently, I have managed to listen to podcasts on my Google home, Echo dot and Lenovo desktop alarm clock speaker.  Now, not one podcast will stream but all other music will. 

Steps I've done

- a full delete and reinstall of Spotify app

- hard reset on both Google home, Lenovo & Echo dot.

- Disconnected devices from my Google home

The only way I can listen to Podcasts are by playing on my phone via the app.

When I try to connect to a speaker via WiFi I get the little jingle but the speaker on the app never turns green.

I tried connecting first with some music, that works, but then I cannot select a podcast to play. 

It can't be a bug with the WiFi speakers as they're different brands and have the same issue...which makes me think it's a bug?

Screenshot_2022-03-09-11-10-08-899_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2022-03-09-11-10-18-774_com.spotify.music.jpg
26 Replies

I had this same issue since a few months ago. But I could stream podcasts to my speakers previously. Now I'm completely unable to play podcasts through Connect.

I tried in iOS, Android, Mac and PC with an Echo Dot 2nd Gen, 4th Gen and a Google Nest Mini. All apps are updated, in fact, iOS one has been fresh installed for the first time in the iPhone this very June month, and the Echo Dot is new from July 2022.

So, it IS definitely an issue in my account. But I cannot find a way to fix it, and I'm really feeling like stop paying premium.

I had the same issue. Spotify say podcasts are "mixed media???" So they no longer can be played via WiFi speakers.

I've moved to Google podcasts and Podbean. Both free & recommended instead of Spotify.

Cheers 😊👍🏻

Hi there @Danni95DG,

Thanks for the post.

If this is happening on all your devices, it's most likely an account issue as you've mentioned. The best thing to do in this case is to transfer your music library over to a new account. You can follow this guide to do so. It is actually very simple and doesn't take long.

I'd recommend testing if everything works fine on the new account before migrating.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue here! I was always able to cast podcasts throughout the house. I have 7 speakers. Never was an issue until sometime in 2020/2021 I believe. So for podcasts being “mixed media” all of a sudden isn’t the best explanation. Weren’t they always mixed media? What’s changed on Spotify’s end?? Why can’t Spotify just flip on whatever switch was flipped to turn access to that feature off?? 

Nope. Not an account issue. It’s too wide spread of a problem to be an “account issue”. C’mon Spotify! We pay you guys every month. FIX IT! This has become very frustrating. All of the mediator responses in this forum are very unsatisfactory. Kinda seems like you guys don’t care to find out more about, or fix the actual problem. If that’s the case, just say that and we can all go over to Apple Music. 

Spotify randomly disconnects the option to cast Podcasts to chromecast wifi speakers via Connect because they are considered mixed-media (always were)... so the problem is that Spotify changed the rules but didn't inform their users? Making people waste their time thinking it's a malfunction? Not ok, no no 😉
PS. Can still connect to my Echo Dot, just not my Xiaomi Mi Smart Speaker. Time to change podcast app on this device, done.

Yeah, this is a total joke. Was working the whole way through 2021 and some of the beginning of 2022. Now just nothing from any device. You can Airplay podcasts to speakers and devices that support airplay, but no luck for any device using their native Spotify connect. I would suspect that screen mirroring with chromecast would work, however I am not sure if the audio casting feature with chromecast audio will work.

Suggested posts