Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to transfer local files from my computer to my HTC One over my University Wi-Fi.

Unable to transfer local files from my computer to my HTC One over my University Wi-Fi.

When I download a song from somewhere else other than Spotify and add it to my Starred playlist that is shared between my phone and computer, it will not download to the phone when both are on my school Wi-Fi network, and remains gray and "unavailable". How might I be able to remedy this and get these songs onto my phone?

4 Replies

Itsalways ok to taste on another wifi or usb cable... Sometimes this will work...

I dunno, but there's no anymore seperate local section on Android app, but tracks on playlist avaialble locally, should go with sync... to phone however!

I could never get it to sync over my University WiFi since the ports Spotify uses to do it are not open unfortunately. I got around it by creating a hotspot, but it's a bit of a pain!

If your desktop app detects your device on the network it should appear under "Devices" on the left of the client.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

How did you do it using the hotspot? I set one up and connected to it from my laptop but the device still was not being detected

Ah I was using another device (3G iPad) then connected both my desktop and iPhone to that hotspot as far as I remember.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts