Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unpublished playlist- Will my subscribers still be listening to it

Unpublished playlist- Will my subscribers still be listening to it

So I created a playlist for my then gf but since the relationship went sour, I opted to unpublish it.

Question is, can she still hear the playlist? Can she still access the songs and anything new I add while its unpublished?

2 Replies

Hi @vmpria037

Welcome to the Spotify Community! I hope you find the answers you need and, overall, find the community a great resource for your Spotify-related inquiries.

If your girlfriend was subscribed to your playlist and you've decided to unpublish it, she would no longer be able to listen to the playlist. However, if she saved a copy of the tracks on the playlist to another playlist, then she will be able to continue listening to it. Be advised though, she will not be able to see any alterations you make to the playlists either so as long as the playlist is unpublished.

Despite the previously stated pieces of information, your girlfriend will continue to be able to see any and all published/non-secret playlists on your profile.

Hope this helps!

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Thats not 100% true, anyone who follows the playlist before you made it secret will still have it tied to their account and therefore it will still appear in their clients so they can listen to the playlist. 

If you want to get rid of it, just delete all of the tracks within in and rename it to something meaningless. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts